Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,460 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

480, Welcome to Verizon Wireless. Your call cannot be completed, as the called party is temporarily unavailable.
JohnnyCincoTelco
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I recently got a Chase bank account and their phone number is 800-935-9935.  I discovered that when I called the debit card activation line, 800-290-3935, I got an error "480, Welcome to Verizon Wireless. Your call cannot be completed, as the called party is temporarily unavailable. Please try your call again later. Location 15106"

I then tried calling general customer service at 800-935-9935 and same error.  

Just to validate I had the right numbers, I called from my VZW work phone, went right through no problem.  Then, I tried Skype on my computer, no issues either.  

Thinking it might be an 800 number issue, I tried calling Capital One at 888-644-8314.  Call went through without issue.  

I am calling from home and have a 4G LTE Network Extender.  I tried making the call with the network extender unplugged and still got the same error.  

So to sum up, I can't dial the 2 Chase toll-free customer service numbers from my mobile phone but I can from other VZW phones as well as Skype.  I CAN call their "local" number that they list for International Service, 405-272-9935.

I'm a former VZW employee and have worked in the telecom space for 15 years and this one has me stumped.  I've tried basic troubleshooting like rebooting the phone, resetting network settings, and making sure my device has the latest software.

Any thoughts? 

Labels (1)
Who I have the same questioned this topic