Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,202 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

Moving overseas - options and suggestions?
runngdog

Title of my post isn't really accurate, but I'm hoping it will attract folks with answers/suggestions I'm seeking.

Since my kids were in college, I have had all 3 of them on a shared Verizon family plan.  As they've graduated, I've kept them on the same plan because it's pretty inexpensive (roughly $280 per month or $70 per line all in). However, since that time, 2 of them have moved abroad, one to London, the other to Mumbai. Both of them have local SIM cards for service where there living. They do return to the US periodically, and they like the convenience of being able to switch on the the Verizon network instantly, with their familiar old phone number (which all their friends know). But that convenience -- for maybe 2 weeks a year -- is costing me $840 apiece annually, so I'm looking for suggestions and options for ways to reduce or eliminate the expense.

Specifically, I have 2 questions:

1. Is there any way for them to maintain their US phone numbers without paying $70 a month for service they don't use?

2. Is there any way for them to get (and pay for) Verizon service ONLY when they are in the US?

Thanks for any suggestions anyone might have. Sorry about the misleading post title, but I figured someone moving overseas might have the same sort of question, without all the unnecessary details.

0 Likes
Who I have the same questioned this topic