Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
lg extravert
buzzeswoman2008
Contributor

recently my phone has been acting up and is not able to receive text messages...i can send but not receive. in order to receive to do a temporary fix i had to do a reset by pulling out my battery. then all the sudden the text messages that people had been sending me the past 3 days finally came through all at once. has anyone else had this problem? and if so how did you fix it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: lg extravert
Ann154
Super User
Super User

Try reprogramming the phone. Dial *228, option 1.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Super User
Super User

buzzeswoman2008 wrote:

recently my phone has been acting up and is not able to receive text messages...i can send but not receive. in order to receive to do a temporary fix i had to do a reset by pulling out my battery. then all the sudden the text messages that people had been sending me the past 3 days finally came through all at once. has anyone else had this problem? and if so how did you fix it?

Sometimes this can happen if you have a lot of text messages stored on the phone - try to keep the number on the phone to a minimum by deleting after your conversation is done.

And a battery pull every few days won't hurt and will help to keep the phone from glitching....

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you SuzyQ and Ann154 for assisting buzzeswoman2008. Your suggestions are very helpful! buzzeswoman2008, if the issue persists with your text messages please send me a private message with your name and mobile number. I will then contact you to fix this issue!

Thank you,

Lena A.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes