Touch screen turns on while talking and ends calls. Anyone else?
nicberg

I received the Extravert right after it was released. From the start the touch screen would turn on while I was talking and the call would end if I bumped it with my face. When I say "would end" I mean it would hang up on every single call I made or received. I contacted LG and they told me to do a system restart. I did and there was no change. I took the phone to the Verizon Store and the rep acted like there was nothing he could do and it was all in my head and since I had the phone for 18 days it must have been something I did to the phone to make it not work correctly. He then tried to sell my a bluetooth headset...not amused.  I finally convinced him to just send me a new phone. I received the new phone about a week ago and it does the exact same thing! In a 30 minute conversation today it hung up 4 times. I called Verizon today (on the speakerphone) and they are going to send another phone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Touch screen turns on while talking and ends calls. Anyone else?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is the proximity sensor covered by a case or a sticker, by any chance?  The sensor detects when you are on a call, dims the screen when it's near your face, and then turns it back on when you pull the phone away to enter digits or look up an address or something....  it sounds like it's not functioning, so I would first check to be sure it's not covered up inadvertently.

Multiple phones with the same issue ... this could happen if you are putting the same case on the phone, producing the same effect.  It could also be the way you are holding the phone, or it could be other things.

If this doesn't help, post back.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Touch screen turns on while talking and ends calls. Anyone else?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is the proximity sensor covered by a case or a sticker, by any chance?  The sensor detects when you are on a call, dims the screen when it's near your face, and then turns it back on when you pull the phone away to enter digits or look up an address or something....  it sounds like it's not functioning, so I would first check to be sure it's not covered up inadvertently.

Multiple phones with the same issue ... this could happen if you are putting the same case on the phone, producing the same effect.  It could also be the way you are holding the phone, or it could be other things.

If this doesn't help, post back.

0 Likes