Samsung Sch i760 used as basic phone
gmm142

Hi Nicholas - I just tried to switch back to my i760 and it can't seem to connect to the network.  I can dial *228 and update roaming info just fine but it won't allow me to make or receive calls.  The local Verizon store said that the phone is too old and it will not talk to the network.  Do you know how I can get this working again?  Is there an update I need?

Thank you!

Mike

>>Branched from an earlier discussion<<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Sch i760 used as basic phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Have no fear, Verizon is here! The i760 is one of my favorite smartphones. I love the keyboard on this device. I can help with getting your device activated gmm142. May I ask when is the last time this device was activated? Also, is there any physical or liquid damage on the device? If you are getting an error message when trying to make a call then please advise as this may be the key to getting a solution for you. I'm looking forward to your reply.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
gmm142

No water damage.  It worked fine the last time I used it, about a year or two ago. 

I can call out to *228 just fine.  I did so and tried transferring service - that worked.  I also did so to update my roaming capabilities - that also worked.  I reset my phone to factory settings to make sure there isn't a glitch in the system - that worked and the phone is now back to factory settings.  I confirmed online that my account reflected the i760 phone - that worked.  But whenever I try to call any other #, it looks like it's trying to call then immediately disconnects.  I have full coverage bars so that does not appear to be the issue.  Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Jmann125

Hi there,

I cannot seem to activate this on my account without purchasing a data plan.  Is there a way you can help?

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes