Punish the Basic Phone Users!!!
browneyes31
Enthusiast - Level 1

Living in a rural area of Pennsylvania, Verizon is the best provider for coverage and reception.  That's my positive comment for them.  The one issue that I continue to have with Verizon is the amount they charge for a basic phone.  My husband prefers a basic phone.  He does not want to go to a smartphone, as he just want a phone to call and do limited texting.  It is time to upgrade and with the exception of two very bare bones basic phones running around $.99, the other basics are going for $80 and up!  My new smartphone was FREE!!!  Verizon needs to stop punishing the basic phone user.  Not everyone wants all the bells and whistles of a smartphone.  Because it is so hard to find a provider that gives good coverage and reception in our area, we are trapped by Verizon.  That's my big gripe - Thanks for letting me share!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Punish the Basic Phone Users!!!
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can always check swappa.com or eBay, or Amazon for basic phones....as long as they are branded Verizon, and have a clean ESN, (not reported as lost or stolen, no past due balance on the previous account, and you can check this with Verizon prior to purchase) they may be cheaper than a contract or full price basic phone.

frommage
Contributor - Level 2

Also you arent getting something for nothing. That "free" smartphone you bought required you to have a data plan, so after several months your smartphone costs way more so basic phones aren't being, as you say penalized. Smartphones are the way of the world now. Depending on the plan you are on or can switch to and the data you use you both can possibly share data for the same cost you are paying now.

davidLO
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree that Verizon is pressing to eliminate the basic phone. I am sorry.  Some of us cannot afford the bells and whistles and just need to communicate.

Verizonisascam2
Enthusiast - Level 1

That's vz business model. Less basic more money. Thieves

0 Likes
Verizonisascam2
Enthusiast - Level 1

No need for a data plan when you're very limited on using it.  The phone works with wifi but they want to scam people and make them think it needs Internet

0 Likes
frommage
Contributor - Level 2

Then get a prepay.

0 Likes