My phone broke and i need a new one. Which phone should i pick?
wtfverizon

I've had a samsung smooth (basic phone) for around 3 years now. It recently broke and I can no longer use it. I noticed verizon has a bunch of shitty basic phones and no feature phones to sell their smartphones. What phone should i buy? I'm thinking about either the samsung brightside or buy a used ENV3 from somewhere. Speaking of which, if i do manage to get an ENV3 and activate it, will i have to pay for the data plan? Also would it be part of my family plan or seperate? I can't wait for new phones to come out ( I doubt it anyways) so what should i do? I really want the ENV3 more than the samsung brightside but don't know if it'll be part of my plan or what'll happen if it breaks. 

I even found a new ENV3

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LG-VX9200-ENV3-SALTE-BLUE-VERIZON-PHONE-NO-CONTRACT-NEW-/300684292109?pt=Cel...

but I'm not sure if my dad will let me purchase it because it's from e-bay

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My phone broke and i need a new one. Which phone should i pick?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Env3 is a decent phone (opinions may vary, but my son and daughter both liked it, my son is still using his)  and does NOT require a data plan.  It did for a time, it does not need one now.  As long as the phone has a clear ESN (Electronic serial #, meaning it's not reported as a lost or stolen phone) the eBay purchase should be fine.

You can swap it out with your current phone on the same plan on the same line and nothing will change as far as the billing goes - just turn off the old phone, turn on the Env3, dial *228, option 1 and follow the prompts.  You'll need the billing passcode or the account owner authorization to do this, I believe.

0 Likes
wtfverizon

Ok do i need to go to a verizon store because my phone can't turn on. It split into 2 pieces. Also it says it's $80 for the bid and $90 for the purchase but when you scroll down and click on Included items, it says $400 for MSRP. I never bought anything from E-bay or ever auctioned so I'm confused what the real price is and how much the tax will be. Here's the link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-LG-VX9200-enV-3-VCast-QWERTY-Blue-No-Contract-Cell-Phone-VERIZON/2...

0 Likes
acraftylady1
Contributor - Level 1

I love my ENV3.  I was lucky and got mine before the data plan requirement but now they don't require data for it anymore.  My husbands ENV2 was going so I bought 2 ENV 3's off someone for $10 each in practially new condition with memory cards in them so activated one for my husband and put the other away for a spare.  The only thing with my husbands was I could not activate it at home and had to go to a store because they had to add data then cancle it or somethign since it's not required anymore on the feature phones.    Mary

0 Likes