My Kyocera phone's battery keeps losing charge
ROBMAC52

The phone I purchased less than 5 months ago keeps losing its charge. It may recharge on the first try but not always. What recourse do I have other than purchasing a new battery . The local store tried to help, but the main office she called was no help at all. Is this the way Verizon now does business?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My Kyocera phone's battery keeps losing charge
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What is the exact phone model?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ROBMAC52

Kyocera Dura XV Plus

0 Likes
ROBMAC52

Does Verizon stand by the quality of the phones they sell?

[Removed]

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ROBMAC52

We absolutely stand by our service and devices. Our goal is to get your device back up and running. When you plug the charger in do you have to move it a certain way in order for it to charge? Have you noticed the charger port being loose?

AnthonyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ROBMAC52

I have tried charging the phone using 3 different chargers including one I

purchased at the Verizon store specifically because of the charging

problem. I tried removing and replacing the battery. The fix I am going

with is under warranty I am replacing the phone I purchased as new only a

few months ago with an as good as new phone. The irony there is obvious.

Thank you for your help

On Mon, Jan 16, 2017 at 10:53 AM, vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are here for support. May we ask if any recent changes were made before this started occurring? KleoL_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate all the hard work you have done with getting your device back in working condition, ROBMAC52. Let's keep working on this. So I can better understand what happens I have a few more questions. What happens when you plug the charger in? Do you get any error messages when attempting to charge? What happens when you plug a different device into the chargers?

JosephE_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

You will have to go through the manufacture to purchase a new battery if needed. The battery doesn't have the same warranty as the phone and that's because people have different charging patterns and or aftermarket chargers.

0 Likes