How do you get files off of the Extravert???
gawainthestout

When I connect my USB to the phone, I don't get "USB Mass Storage" or "Removeable Disk" or any of the expected device types in My Computer. I get "CD Rom Drive" and all that's on it is the system firmware upgrade software. How can I connect to this phone to get my photos off of it? Incredibly frustrating.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do you get files off of the Extravert???
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you are talking about photos and such, you can put them on the SD card - THAT'S what will show up as a drive and be used for the USB Mass Storage device.  If you don't have an SD card installed, then that is the issue.  Spend $10 for an SD card (micro) or forward the pics one at a time to your email....

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you are talking about photos and such, you can put them on the SD card - THAT'S what will show up as a drive and be used for the USB Mass Storage device.  If you don't have an SD card installed, then that is the issue.  Spend $10 for an SD card (micro) or forward the pics one at a time to your email....

0 Likes
Aseleener

Did you ever get an answer to this? I am having the exact same problem. When I plug in my phone to the computer, no box pops up that shows the SD card contents like it's supposed to. I just get that same CD drive thing you described. Please let me know if you figured out how to solve this problem, because I am trying to put music on my phone and can't.

0 Likes
acraftylady1
Contributor - Level 1

If the files are on a micro card then why not just use a card reader?  Takes 2min and less hassle than trying to get the computer to recognize the phone.  Mary

0 Likes
Aseleener

I tried that, Mary, but my computer wouldn't recognize it for some reason. I don't know if there is a problem with the adapter I was using, or what. I was finally able to access it through my phone. Here's how I did it, in case other people are having this problem.

Plug the phone in to the computer using the USB cable.  On the phone, go to the Main Menu, then select Tools.  Scroll down to USB Mass Storage and tap on that. Then the computer should recognize the device and bring up the "Auto Play" box with options on what you want to do. I didn't realize that you had to chose that menu option before the computer would recognize it.

It's absolutely ridiculous that this type of information isn't included in the owner's manual. All the manual is good for is telling you how to place a call; worthless.

0 Likes