Going to get a Convoy 3 or Kyocera Dura XV.
GaryH57

Main concerns are voice quality and reception.  Features I use are bluetooth music and camera.  Any recommendations appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Going to get a Convoy 3 or Kyocera Dura XV.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GaryH57

Getting a new phone is always exciting. You can use this website to compare several phones at once: http://www.verizonwireless.com/basic-phones/ The Kyocera Dura XV has a higher megapixel camera.

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

X

0 Likes
Re: Going to get a Convoy 3 or Kyocera Dura XV.
EDtheEngineer

Hi, GaryH57 -- I just decided on the Kyocera DuraXV+ (Plus) over the Samsung Convoy 3 ... the Kyocera is, additionally, drop resistant, dustproof and waterproof.  The Kyocera is also a "World Phone" - it has a SIM card inside, under the battery, and it can be used (at additional cost per month) while in countries outside of the USA.  The waterproof feature is due to the gaskets (the back cover, held in place with a screw, is gasketed; so isthe charging/microUSB port and the headphone jack).  These gaskets are somewhat delicate when these various covers are open and must be kept scrupulously clean (very much like the gaskets in my Panasonic Lumix point-and-shoot camera which is waterproof); even a grain of sand on the gasket can interfere with it being as waterproof as it's supposed to be.  The Kyocera also has a 5 megapixel camera and a 'flashlight' feature.  The Kyocera comes with a 4 GB microSD card inside (under the battery) which can be replaced with an up to 32 GB card for storing photos taken with the phone.  The Kyocera has 18 hrs standby and 7.7 hrs usage time ratings. The Convoy 3 was $6.24/month if purchased at a Verizon corporate store (cheaper there than at Walmart or Sam's Club, etc) and the Kyocera was $8/mo. at the Verizon corp. store.  Hope this info helps!

0 Likes