Env touch...Does it need a data plan?
Packa7x

I know this is a topic that has been covered over and over again, but I've read different things everywhere.  When I bought it, I read a Verizon rep on here say it didn't need a data plan.  Now that I got my phone, it's requiring me to add data.  Now what I've found is that you have to get data, but then get data block which is a $4.99 fee.  What's going on?  Why is it so difficult to get a halfway descent cell phone without getting a data plan.  I'd rather not be glued to the Internet everywhere I go.  I've been using a Samsung Alias for the last 4 years or so and I'm sick of it.  Please give me some straightforward answers.  I'm fed up with Verizon at this point and I'd like to try to resolve this before I call and lose my temper on a poor employee.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Env touch...Does it need a data plan?
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

You do NOT need a data plan. Even though you may need to add one when activating.  You need to dial *611, option 3 or 4 then ask to speak to an agent. Have them remove the current data plan and place a data block on the phone. If you need to download something(backup assistant) then you will need to contact them to remove the data block and add it back after you've downloaded it. There is no charge for the "data block" for this phone used in this manner. I just did all this last week on a warranty replacement for our eNV Touch.

0 Likes