Changing ESN online, pre-paid service.
wvm

I have a pre-paid phone account and need to switch to my backup phone.

The online service to switch to another phone & ESN say's the service is down. The same is true with the online chat for pre-paid accounts.

Both phones are  Verizon Motorola V3 Razr's.

My current registered phone, that has been registered for several years, all of sudden started to display "unauthorized charger" error message, using the same Verizon charger that's it's been using for years. When the phone displays "unauthorized charger" the phone's battery won't charge. I have many mini-usb Motorola chargers, when used all display the same error message.

My backup phone doesn't have this problem so i need to switch the ESN to my backup phone.

I'm currently in an out of service area, the nearest service area is a roaming area.. I suppose I can travel to the roaming area, however these areas charge me double rates, plus every time you enter and call a phone number, you need to first write it down  as the number needs to be re-entered before a phone call is able to connect to Verizon.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Changing ESN online, pre-paid service.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry your having difficulties WVM. Unfortunately we don't have access to prepaid accounts. Please reach out to our friends at prepay at 888-294-6804 to discuss options and change equipment.

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry your having difficulties WVM. Unfortunately we don't have access to prepaid accounts. Please reach out to our friends at prepay at 888-294-6804 to discuss options and change equipment.

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
wvm

I've changed my ESN from online account in the past.

Do you know if this is something that's temporary?

I'm unable to use my cell phone from my current location and don't have access to a land line phone.

0 Likes