Google play movies to SD card on ellipsis 7?
timandjen2

I'm realizing the many limitations of the ellipsis 7 and not as thrilled as I thought I'd be to have it, but wondering if I can make it work OK with Google Play Movies.

On other devices, this app offers an option to store downloaded movies on the SD card. I've got a card in my tablet and am able to set my photo storage there in the camera, but it's not an option in the Play Movies app.

Is there a setting I can change somewhere or an update I can make that will allow this option for Play Movies?

Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Google play movies to SD card on ellipsis 7?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

timandjen2, I appreciate you reaching out to us to see what options you have for moving movies to your Ellipsis 7 Tablet. I know there may be some limitations but we will try to see if we can find a workaround with you today. You are in the right direction but what concerns me is that if you have gone into App Manager to try to move the download to the SD card in settings, it does not give you an option to? Upon working with Google, it was advised that this was still being worked out and that no enhancement has been given to allow that at this time. Are these movies, one’s you’ve purchased or rented?

TakendraW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
timandjen2

Well, no, in a nutshell. First, it's not an app that I'm trying to move to the SD card, so app settings don't work.

I own these movies through Disney, which links to Google Movie Play for download and play features.

On any other device, the Google Movie Play app has a setting to choose a storage location. On my Ellipsis 7 it does not have that setting as a choice. The SD card is installed and functional in other apps, but not for movies.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

timandjen2,

Thanks for responding back with the clarification. As much as I wish that were an option, upon further review, there is not. Since there is no setting option to move the movies, then it would not be an option on this tablet. I know that’s not what you were hoping for but I’m delighted we could clarify that it’s not anything  you are doing incorrect but that the tablet’s capabilities are limited. So there is no other way to move the movies that we know of.

TakendraW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes