Date format option?
Phone_Jack

I have an Ellipsis 8 and wish to change the Date Format from mm/dd/yyyy to dd/mm/yyyy.  Date & Time has a 24-hour Time option, but NO Date Format option.  How do I make the change?

0 Likes
Re: Date format option?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Phone_Jack,

We certainly want you date & time showing correctly. Has it always been like this? Did something on your tablet change (software updates or new apps downloaded) before this began? When you went under Date & Time what happens when you turn off "Automatic " date & time as well as time zone? Are you able to change or manually set anything?

ChristinaM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Phone_Jack

The problem has existed since I first acquired the Ellipsis Tablet.  Then, the Software Version was QZ3_31F27 and the Android Version was 4.4.2.  Since then, I have updated.  The Software Version is now QZ3_31F40 and the Android Version is 5.1.1 (Lollipop).  The Date & Time available options remain as:

1. Automatic Date & Time (turned On),
  2. Automatic Time Zone (turned On),
  3. Set Date (Grayed Out because options1 and 2 were turned On),
  4. Set Time (Grayed Out because options 1 and 2 were turned On),
  5. Select Time Zone (Grayed Out because options 1 and 2 were turned On), and
  6. Use 24-hour Format (turned On).

NO other options are presented – the option “Choose Date Format” is MISSING.  Turning off Automatic Date & Time and Automatic Time Zone makes no difference – the option “Choose Date Format” is still MISSING.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Phone_Jack,

Thank you so much for looking that up for me. The additional information does help. At any point, have you backed up your tablet and done a factory reset? If not, this would be the next steps we would want to take. These link will walk you through how to do both:

Back Up to Verizon Cloud: http://vz.to/1cQ9M2W

Factory Reset: http://vz.to/1ROjGTR

ChristinaM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes