why are texts from iphones delayed?
traceypaz

I don't know if this is a hardware issue or a provider issue...

I got a replacement S9 through Asurion a couple week ago. Since then, I've noticed an issue getting text from iPhone users.

For example, last night, a coworker sent out a text that his girlfriend said yes to his proposal. I got everyone else's congratulatory texts right away, but not his initial message until 2 hours later. He did send a message and a picture. Of the 5 of us, 3 have androids, 2 iPhones. We also have a mix of service providers - at a minimum AT&T, Sprint & Verizon. The initial message came from AT&T.

But it's not just limited to MMS. My hair person sent a text reminding me of my appointment. I got it sometime after I went to bed that night (at least 8 hours delayed) - plus there was no notification.

I thought maybe it was the replacement phone, but a friend said she has similar issues with texts with her family.

I did not have Do Not Disturb turned on. Is there a setting that is causing this? TIA

0 Likes
Re: why are texts from iphones delayed?
bearone21
Legend

they aren't texts in the sense of an android but i-messages for the i-phone.

i have an android & most family/extended family members have i-phones

i'm not sure they're delayed but more of which account they're sent to.

my primary phone is a note5 but i use an unactivated 6+ i-phone around the house on wi-fi.

it depends how the message is sent as to which phone it goes to.

traceypaz

I haven't had an iPhone since the 3 (when Apple pushed an update the phone couldn't handle) - been android ever since. So I don't think it's sending iMessage to me.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

is the message being sent to your active phone number or some other location, like email?

0 Likes
traceypaz

Going to my active phone. I'm not sure if I mentioned earlier, but this just started happening since I got my new phone (switch from S6 to S9). Previously, same group texts came through fine for me. In fact, we teased one of the group who uses Sprint because his would often be delayed significantly.

Thanks for your help!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh my, sorry to hear of the concern with delayed text messages, traceypaz. I know how fundamental text messaging is in this day and age and I'd be happy to help troubleshoot this. What's the zip code where you are experiencing the issues? Have you restarted your phone recently? If not, please do so. Also, I would recommend resetting your text messaging app with these instructions: http://spr.ly/6582DIJpA;

Ryan_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes