when will note edge get lollipop 5.1.1 my battery life stinks with 5.0.1
Chevron
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just looking for a rough date when we can expect it to be released. Thanks!

Mark

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: when will note edge get lollipop 5.1.1 my battery life stinks with 5.0.1
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a battery that isn't holding up its end of the bargain would be enough to upset anyone.

Rolling out a new release takes a great deal of planning as it is important that Verizon Wireless deploy a fully tested release to avoid any customer impacting issues. Testing and approval requires input from many test organizations so we can ensure our releases align with our customer expectations of the best devices on the most reliable network. Issues identified during testing may result in postponing a release, so it not possible to provide a release date until all testing stages are complete. I wish I had more details to share at this time.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Daralyn
Enthusiast - Level 1

No Kidding. My phone is constantly overheated and the battery lasts about 2 hours:( I never had such bad performance with my Note 2. I had other issues with that phone, but battery life was significantly better. It's inexcusable for a specialty phone like this to have such poor performance.

0 Likes
Sublimer227
Enthusiast - Level 1

My original Note edge fried itself with the lollipop update. I didn't like the fact that the pic capture button moved to the center of the screen from the edge... the whole point of the edge is to use its uniqueness! When they sent me a "new" phone, it already had the lollipop installed. 😞 .... battery life was horrible, the on buttons had a 9 second delay before the screen turned on. The auto rotate was laggy and or froze. The key board kept freezing and closing (as well as some apps). Apps took forever to open...So now I'm on my third Note Edge, this time WITHOUT the new update. The battery life is 100x better, the phone is extremely responsive and has yet to close out any apps or keyboard. I know it takes a lot of time to rewrite and work out the bugs, but I'm hoping it comes soon. I love this phone! But I would love a working update even more!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a battery that isn't holding up its end of the bargain would be enough to upset anyone.

Rolling out a new release takes a great deal of planning as it is important that Verizon Wireless deploy a fully tested release to avoid any customer impacting issues. Testing and approval requires input from many test organizations so we can ensure our releases align with our customer expectations of the best devices on the most reliable network. Issues identified during testing may result in postponing a release, so it not possible to provide a release date until all testing stages are complete. I wish I had more details to share at this time.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Daralyn
Enthusiast - Level 1

But this makes no sense. I only get 2 hours on my battery! That's

unacceptable. How can I speak with an EXPERIENCED tech who can help me?

I've called, got a little support, but not much really. I need some serious

support, as this phone is way too new to only last 2 hours. Seriously, this

is unacceptable performance.

On Sat, Sep 26, 2015 at 8:27 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
Jersey3
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Note 4 and have experienced terrible battery life after installing lollipop 5.0. It stinks to say the least. I can fully charge my phone, close out running apps and lose 20% to 25% battery charge over nite in 8 to 10 hours. I feel your pain. I was told by Verizon's tier 2 tech support to go to Best Buy and go to the Samsung kiosk where they can do a diagnosis and hard wire re-flash the 5.0 update. The Samsung rep told me that a lot of the time when the updates are downloaded    over WiFi or 4G there are gaps in the signal when downloading. When they do it there are no such gaps. I went to only now losing 5% to 6% over nite after a full charge. A vast improvement. Battery life still isn't where it was before I installed 5.0 but it should get you by until 5.1 comes out.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Daralyn,

Let's get you some help! It sounds like a serious issue is happening with your phone. A two hour battery life is definitely not standard. We'd like to take a look at this for you but will need access to your account to do so. Unfortunately, as this is a public forum, we'll need to direct you to one of our secure customer service channels. You can reach us by phone, livechat, Facebook, or Twitter by using the information here: http://vz.to/1IczeM5

We look forward to helping you resolve this problem ASAP.

EricW_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes