upgraded from a s4 to the note 4 not impressed with reception
SmokeyBear_C80

I upgraded to the note 4 when it was released at home I have horrible reception when I had my S4 I could even talk on my phone in the basement without any issues. It gets real frustrating when you rely on your phone and how changing from a s4 to the note 4 there is that much of a reception issue. I like the functionality of the note 4 just wish the reception was as good as my S4 with being the fire chief I use my phone a lot at home the Internet works flawlessly at home just can't make voice calls with out getting frustrated and if your lucky you might have a 5 min conversation before it loses service. I thought it might have been the phone so I went to the store and exchanged for a new note 4 still same problem surely there is an update to fix this problem.

0 Likes
Re: upgraded from a s4 to the note 4 not impressed with reception
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SmokeyBear_C80,

Having cell coverage is very important. We want to make sure that we work on this together. When you replaced the phone did you also replace the SIM card? Anyone else in the home have issues with making phone calls? How many bars of service do you get when you are having issues?

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
SmokeyBear_C80

When I exchanged the phone they did give me a new Sim card with the phone.

As far as service bars I have three bars running 4g LTE until I place a

call then it drops to one bar and a lot of times it fluctuates from one to

two bars then service drops. My wife has a s3 and her phone never drops a

call and here bars on her phone do the same as mine.

On Jan 1, 2015 10:55 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SmokeyBear_C80,

This is good information. Let's keep working on these troubles. Are you only having this issue while indoors or outdoors as well? While you are at home are you connected to wi-fi services? Have you been able to power off the device all the way while at home and remove the back cover and the battery, then pull the sim card out for a good 10-15 seconds. Then put everything back together and re-test. Keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
SmokeyBear_C80

Don't have WiFi at home after I upgraded my phone I did away with my home

phone and Internet due to when I had my S4 everything worked great. I have

done the whole pull everything out and let it sit and put it all back I

have done multiple factory resets hoping that it might just fix it with no

success.

On Jan 1, 2015 11:24 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SmokeyBear_C80,

I know what you are talking about. I have done the same thing at my home as well. I want you to be up and running with no issues. Do you have a case on the phone at all? If so, if you remove the case do you notice any changes in the service? Since you have done the factory reset on the phone, my next suggestion would be to get the sim card replaced. You can always take the device into a corporate store location: http://bit.ly/3SdsA and they would be able to trade out the sim card for free. Keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW

0 Likes
SmokeyBear_C80

Case or no case I get the same results and the last time I went to the

Verizon store they claim it's a fault of the phone if I had known about

that fault I'd of kept my S4 or maybe tried the s5 only place I have

trouble is at home which is strange I have a Verizon tower less that four

miles from my house you would think I should have great coverage there is

practically nothing blocking signal from me

On Jan 1, 2015 11:54 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
Jimweda

I'm practically in the same boat as you.  Went from the S4 to the Note 4 but in my case I have 1 bar at home with both phones. I have one friend on Verizon with an iPhone 4 and he gets 4+ bars in the same place I get 1 bar. Another friend has the iPhone 5 on AT&T and has full bars here.  I don't get why I only get 1 bar with both phones.  According to the coverage map I should have descent reception so its very irritating that I don't.  With phone cover, without cover, with or without extended batteries it stays at 1 bar. If I go north of where I'm at for about 1 mile I get close to full bars.  Why is that? Makes very little sense to me. Also the 1 bar includes being inside or outside my home including when I'm walking around the neighborhood and its not like I'm near any tall buildings or a mountainous area.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jimweda,

I am sorry to hear of the issues you are having with service on your device. What exact zipcode are you in? Do you have issues with text/data? What type of issues do you experience with calls given that you only have 1 bar on the phone?

LindseyT_VZW

0 Likes
Jimweda

I'm in 90016. Text and data will sometimes be delayed or I'll have people tell me they've called me and I never received the call. Sometimes they'll say they aren't able to hear me as well. That applied to both the Galaxy S4 and my now current Note 4. Sometimes the bar will look more like a dot, then go to 1 to 2 and then settle back to the 1 bar but never stays past that but most always sitting at 1 bar.

0 Likes