mms notifications missing since g930vvru4bqf2 update
cmartyc

I am not receiving audio or visual notifications for MMS messages (group texts and/or texts with photos) since i applied the most recent update.  I use the standard messaging app that came with the phone.  Notifications for SMS messages are working just fine.  I just asked someone to send me an MMS as a test.  I did not receive a notification but a couple minutes later I opened the messaging app and the MMS message appeared (still with no audio or other notification.)

0 Likes
Re: mms notifications missing since g930vvru4bqf2 update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cmartyc, we never want you to miss out on those important notifications for MMS messages. Let's get this fixed right away. We've researched both the S7 and the S7 Edge, and have not seen this reported by any other customers. We want to narrow down the root cause of this issue.

You've mentioned that you are using the standard messaging app. There are actually two messaging apps that come pre-installed on the device: Message+ (red background and white text bubble) or Messages (yellow background and white text bubble). Can you please clarify which one you're using?

We know your time is valuable and we don't want you to have to repeat anything you may have already tried. Can you tell us if there are any steps you've attempted to resolve this thus far?

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
cmartyc

Hi.  It's the white text icon with the yellow background.  The only things I've tried were to restart the phone and to toggle both the wifi and bluetooth on and off sending MMS messages to myself from various other devices (both android and apple) both ways.  None of these made any difference.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want your notifications to arrive again. What happens when you use the Verizon Messages application instead?

Here is a great link on how to use Verizon Messages: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-messages-basic-use-video/

ChristopherM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes