messaging
Rummagelady86
Enthusiast - Level 1

​When using Verizon messages is it free if using WiFi?

Re: messaging
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rummagelady86, 

We understand the importance of clarification in regard to Verizon Messages. Allow us to help. To clarify, are you referring to data usage? Here's a link with details about Verizon Messages https://vz.to/1m4FfTm

CoreyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Are you referring to messages+? If you are there has been a lot of complaints about this app using a lot of data. I am not sure if they got the bugs out of this app but there are a few threads still on here about this app.

bearone21
Legend

i'm not sure you can send messages over wi-fi only!!

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

I am not sure about message+ but I have a S7 edge and use the other messaging app that came with my phone. I have my mobile data off 99% of the time and I am able to txt just fine with my phone being on WiFi.

Not sure about other messaging apps but we also have a S5 that is not activated and we can use messenger the facebook app on it using WiFi and those txt go out fine too.