Why does FIOS remote now appear on the lock screen?
billjkerr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Something got updated and now when I turn my phone on I see a 4 button remote with the name of my DVR. This gets in the way of unlocking my screen and often other apps get launched after unlocking. If the phone is not in screen lock mode this remote is nowhere to be found. I don't want this remote and I don't know why it started appearing a few days ago.

How can I make this go away?

I am using a Galaxy S6 from Verizon.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why does FIOS remote now appear on the lock screen?
billjkerr
Enthusiast - Level 2

I finally found it. It is Peel Remote causing this annoying remote interface. I don't know why this app is on my phone but probably it came that way from Verizon with the Galaxy S6. It cannot be removed but it can be disabled. I thought it was a Verizon app because it never identified itself as anything else.

The community should be warned this Peel Remote exists.

My problem is now solved.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no! Sorry to hear that you are having trouble unlocking your phone due to this app. For assistance with the FiOS app, I do recommend reaching out to our FiOS team. You can reach them on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/FIOS?_rdr=p

ErinW_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
billjkerr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Please give me something that will help. I can't figure out how to get support from this Facebook site. I submitted a ticket in FIOS Mobile because that is where the remote is. The response:  "That is a remote app outside of the FIOS MOBILE app. Please contact customer service or tech support in regards to that app. We only support the FIOS MOBILE app. The Fios Mobile app only works within the Fios Mobile app." and the ticket was closed.

How can I just get some help that results in a solution? I don't know how to actually talk to a human at tech support.. I could go to a Verizon wireless store but the problem only shows up when connected to my home network. If it is not the FIOS mobile app what is it?

Please help fix this problem with my Verizon phone, my Verizon home network, FIOS cable service, FIOS DVR all working together.

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you delete or disable the app, does the phone function correctly again?

0 Likes
billjkerr
Enthusiast - Level 2

I uninstalled all Verizon apps that could be removed and disabled those that could not be removed.. This silly remote is still there and still launches the FIOS DVR remote. How can I figure out which app is doing this? Once I swipe the screen to unlock it goes away and is nowhere to be found. It is a Verizon thing but nobody in the huge Verizon empire cares about anything but their own special segment.

0 Likes
billjkerr
Enthusiast - Level 2

I finally found it. It is Peel Remote causing this annoying remote interface. I don't know why this app is on my phone but probably it came that way from Verizon with the Galaxy S6. It cannot be removed but it can be disabled. I thought it was a Verizon app because it never identified itself as anything else.

The community should be warned this Peel Remote exists.

My problem is now solved.

0 Likes