Why Can't I See Any Files In DCIM After the Nougat 7.0 Upgrade?
KENKYL85
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have an S7 edge.  After the upgrade to nougat 7.0, I can no longer see any files in DCIM when I connect via USB.  What is the fix for this?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: After Nougat 7.0 upgrade I can no longer see any files in DCIM
KENKYL85
Enthusiast - Level 2

Solved - on the windows 10 bx, I had to remove and reinstall the driver for the phone.  Seems odd to me that changing the version of android required the driver to be reinstalled, but as long as it works I don't care.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

On the phone, did you change the USB connection type from charging only to File Transfer?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
KENKYL85
Enthusiast - Level 2

Your question implies you do not have Nougat because it now defaults to FTP.  So the answer is yes. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The default USB connection type is charging only in Marshmallow and higher OS versions. One can change the developer settings to override the default to File Transfer, but most users won't know how to access those settings.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
KENKYL85
Enthusiast - Level 2

Agree with Marshmallow.  I did nothing to change the default behavior of Nougat; it comes up that way when a USB cable is plugged in which is nice.  I did notice that v7.0 was pushed and not the latest 7.1.1.

Anyone out there with v7.0 installed?

what is really bizarre is at work where we run Windows 8, everything works fine.  At home I have Win10 and it doesn't work.

0 Likes
KENKYL85
Enthusiast - Level 2

Solved - on the windows 10 bx, I had to remove and reinstall the driver for the phone.  Seems odd to me that changing the version of android required the driver to be reinstalled, but as long as it works I don't care.

0 Likes