Why Am I Getting An "Incompatible Charger" Message?
YoBub

I experienced an issue last week, but it seems like it is an old issue.  I didn't see a resolution.

Galaxy S5, using the original Samsung charger.  Batteries charge fine with external charger.  I ahve 3 different Samsung brand chargers - none work.

All of a sudden i was getting the "incompatible charger" message.

I did a factory reset, it worked for 1 day then reverted back to the incompatible charger message.

WHAT IS GOING ON???

0 Likes
Re: Why Am I Getting An "Incompatible Charger" Message?
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

When you did the factory reset did you clear cache partition after you did the reset?

How to wipe the Cache Partition on your phone or ... - Samsung Community - 12662

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

any charger but the double pronged s5 charger will not work properly.

0 Likes
YoBub

Thanks for the feedback.  I followed the instructions above to clear the cache, and it did not resolve the issue.

I am using the factory Samsung charger that came with the phone, and which had worked successfully for 2+ years.  All of a sudden last week it stopped working.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

usb charging?....try another port or try wall charging.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

YoBub Having a reliable charger is important. I’m sorry you’ve been having problems with your charger. I want to make sure we get this issue resolved for you as soon as possible. We would like to dive a bit deeper into this for you. Have you tried using an alternate charger? When you get the “Incompatible Charger” error message, do you see the charging indicator on the screen? Let’s test your charger with Safe Mode enabled. Please visit http://vz.to/2zv6lLh and follow the steps to enable Safe Mode and test charger. Are you still experiencing the same problem?
Please inspect or remove the case as it could be partially blocking the port, ensure screen protectors are not partially or completely blocking the port, ensure the port is free from dirt, debris, or other obstructions. Rest assured we will get this taken care of for you.

EvelynR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport if my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes