Verizon had me backup my phone, the wipe it because of a battery issue.....
chloekittycat
Enthusiast - Level 3

she then had me restore the phone (Samsung S6).  It didn't fix anything, so now I got a replacement because chargers weren't working on the 1st phone, so I reinstall everything again on replacemenet phone and realized that THEIR "Memo" app did NOT restore.  I had several lists of probably close to 50 things on it.  She said there was nothing she could do.  I'm livid.  It's THEIR app, should it not be able to restore?

Oh and my backup goes to my Google acct.

Does anyone know how I can retreive this info?  And WHERE does it backup to? Is it possible to find it still, or is it gone now? 

PLEASE HELP!

Thank you in advance!

Cristy

0 Likes
Re: Verizon had me backup my phone, the wipe it because of a battery issue.....
mama23dogs
Legend

Whose memo?  Google or Verizon?   If the app was from the play store, it still backs up to google.

IF you back up to google (as I do) you don't want the Verizon cloud backup.  If you haven't done another Google backup and overwritten the eariler one, factory reset and set up with your google account, which should restore all your Google info.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon had me backup my phone, the wipe it because of a battery issue.....
chloekittycat
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi,

Well, I'm about to turn in my 3rd phone that is busted to them, but now they want me to go through insurance since I told them when we got the last one it had a ding in the pack, but I just put on the cover and said screw it, I'll hopefully get one that works for more than 2 months.

How can I stress the fact that this will be my 4th Samsung S6 and my Husband had to exchange his first one as well.  So, this will be actually our 4th?  replacement.  This isn't right, we paid for a good phone, so tell me.  The first and 2nd bustdowns on MINE were within a MONTH of each other!!!  I'm just livid with this company and they honestly don't care if they lost customers.

Any suggestion who I should contact to possibly get a darned phone that will work longer than a month?

Any suggestions welcome, but I have to put in my claim and pay the freaking 199!!!!  Deductible!!  Which is absurd!

PLEASE HELP!!!

Thank you!!!

0 Likes