Terrible battery life and bluetooth battery drain because of MM update
GEMINI453
Enthusiast - Level 3

Me and my wife both have Note 4's and ever since the MM update we are having terrible battery life whether bluetooth is on or off. The MM update absolutely killed our batteries. We have both done mulitple hard resets, cleared system cache but nothing fixes it. If we leave bluetooth on (like we always have and never had a single issue until the MM update), it becomes the number one battery drain and will kill our batteries in hours...

Again, even if we turn off bluetooth, our battery life still sucks since this MM update.

The Note 4 MM update has ruined our phones. Verizon MUST get this fixed or we are done with VZW. This is ridiculous. Every update for this phone has made it worse and now MM has made it almost unusable.

Verizon, please don't respond with "have you tried our tips for battery savings" ect ect garbage. We have tried everything. THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THE MM UPDATE, and it needs to be fixed. Excessive battery drain and bluetooth problems!

It takes forever to get an update on these phones and when they do, the update is completely broken. It takes them forever to release the update and apparently they weren't even testing the software in the mean time....

The answer we should be getting from Verizon is "we are investigating the issue, contacting Samsung and actively working on a fix". That's it.

Re: Terrible battery life and bluetooth battery drain because of MM update
GEMINI453
Enthusiast - Level 3

We have even bought brand new OEM batteries and the problem is still there.

We used to leave bluetooth on all day on lollipop and it would hardly even register on the battery drain percentage. If we leave it on now, it is easily number 1 and literally kills our batteries within a few hours. Even if we turn off bluetooth, our batteries are half dead in a few hours with hardly any usage.

I'm sick of having to do hard resets (because thats what VZW said should fix it) and having to spend hours restoring my phone and all of my settings.

The software is the problem. Our phones did not have ANY of these problems before the MM update. This is ridiculous....

0 Likes
lmpercival
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have this same problem. Even if I turn Bluetooth off, which I need for my moto360, it turns back on again.  It's made the phone unusable.  Nothing I have tried has helped and I've spent HOURS trying to find a solution. 

0 Likes
GEMINI453
Enthusiast - Level 3

VZW is yet to even acknowledge there is a problem or that they are even trying to fix it.

That is simply unacceptable....

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The mistake in that sentence is that Verizon can't fix it. They can only tell Samsung to fix it.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
GEMINI453
Enthusiast - Level 3

I know Samsung is the only one that can fix the software but Verizon has to tell them about it in the first place. I don't know why Verizon wouldn't be telling Samsung that many of their users are having problems and to fix the software.

As of right now, Verizon won't even do that. And that is extremely disappointing....

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There has to be a certain amount of complaints for a phone model before Verizon Wireless is likely to raise the issue up to require a bug fix from Samsung.

You can certainly send Samsung a complaint directly too.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Commander769

Same problem here, called VZW support and they had me do factory reset on phone. It was better for 2-3 weeks, but the problem is back again. Yesterday my phone drained and Bluetooth was 68% of battery usage and the only thing that would have connected throughout the day was my Fitbit.

0 Likes
GEMINI453
Enthusiast - Level 3

And VZW continues to ignore us or tells us to "do a device health check" or some other pointless fix that hasn't worked for any of us. We have tried all of your scripted "fixes" and none of them work.

They have still not answered my question, are they even investigating the problem and reporting it to Samsung? Are you paying attention VZW, we are all having these problems but you continue to ignore us.

When are you going to actually do something about the problem??

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having your battery last the whole day is important, Commander769. Have you run the software repair assistant? http://vz.to/1KSBuG7 Did you add any other apps since the factory data reset that could contribute to the battery drain? How long does your battery last?

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes