Seals broken on new Galaxy S10 Box?
jeffscha
Enthusiast - Level 2

I received my pre-ordered Galaxy S10 a short time ago.  While the outer box was fine, the seals on the actual phone box itself had already been cut and had clearly been opened.  It also looks like all the accessories had been repackaged from from the Samsung eco-friendly paper/cardboard to sealed plastic bags which were all still sealed.  Anyone else receive their 'new' S10 in this condition?  

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Seals broken on new Galaxy S10 Box?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the concernt to have a new device. If the device is still withing 14-day worry free guarantee, you can send it back since it wasn't received in the condition you wanted as the box was opened. If a restock fee was to happen, it should be waived due to the situation. Has the device been activated? Have you opened the packages?

JavierMD_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jeffscha,

First and foremost, congrats on the new S10! I can understand the concern regarding the device being received and everything appears to have been opened, especially with such a new, iconic device. Nobody wants to have to worry about their product potentially being tampered with, so let's get a solution in place for you. We do have a 14-day exchange policy, which would be a fantastic option for you so you can ensure your device hasn't already been handled.

Where did you go through with the purchase of your new S10? The reason I ask is because this can impact the exchange process. To check out our details for exchanging equipment, here is a great resource (http://spr.ly/6603EnhmD).

Also, did the box that you received the shipment in, appear to have been tampered with as well (i.e., re-taped, broken seal, etc.)?

Let us know how you'd like to proceed with this, and we'll move forward.

RyanCo_VZW

0 Likes
Cmybliss
Enthusiast - Level 1

At least you got yours as promised. When I pre-ordered I was told I’d have the phone in my hands on the 8th. Now it won’t even ship until the 20th! Worse, they have them at my local store and won’t let me just go pick one up. Verizon refuses to do anything to make the situation right. 

0 Likes
jeffscha
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the reply.   I pre-ordered directly from verzonwireless.com.  The fedex box iteself was in fine condition and tape was intact, etc.  But as mentioned the actual device/phone box inside was open -- both tape seals cut.  This would lead me to believe it was opened by Verizon or Samsung prior to it being given Fedex.  There are slew of similar reports from others that ordered from Verizon, AT&T and even direct from Samung -- you can google it ...

When I spoke to customer service on Thursday they suggested I exchange it at my local store, the only problem with that is that no stores local to me (06811) seem to have the S10, Prism Blue, 512GB in stock.  Open to suggestions on how to expeditiously exchange it without have no phone for multiple days.

Thanks!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the concernt to have a new device. If the device is still withing 14-day worry free guarantee, you can send it back since it wasn't received in the condition you wanted as the box was opened. If a restock fee was to happen, it should be waived due to the situation. Has the device been activated? Have you opened the packages?

JavierMD_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LAKRIL59
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yeah, mine says "Will ship by 03/12/19, but apparently, none are in stock. On Samsung's website, it says if I order it there, it'll ship by 03/29/19. I think some models are on backorder & Verizon isn't being clear about it. Maybe you should cancel the preorder from the app & go pick it up from the store. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We undersatnd the urgency to get your device, LAKRIL59. We do not recommend canceling the order, as this may put you back at the end of the preorder line if there are no devices available locally. The orders are based on the time they were placed, and the amount of devices avaialble for Verizon to ship out to our customers. All shipping dates on preorders are estimated. If you still want to head to a store locaiton, you can find all available stores around you at, VZW.com/Stores.

JavierMD_VZW

0 Likes
yasse

Yesterday, I bought a new pixel 3 XL from Verizon store (6176 Retail Rd, Dallas, 75231), switched to verizon and brought it home (they asked me to activate it at home as they did not have good wifi in store!!!!!). When I got the box in my hand with a glance I noticed that the seal had been broken previously. The package has been opened and nothing was in its own order. The cell phone had just 5% charge and it was clear that has been used previously. I feel so bad now and waiting for the store to be opened and talk to the store manager. It was a horrible experience with verizon. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm saddened to learn about your unpleasant experience and I'm here to help. Your feedback is appreciated and will be forwarded for review. I know your time is valuable and apologize for the inconvenience. Please clarify, are you at the store now? AyaniB_VZW

0 Likes