Samsung Keyboard Crash
dwaineclark1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been on lollipop since the day after the rollout.  Beginning immediately after the upgrade the stock Samsung Keyboard began to crash 5-10 times per day, especially when using Facebook messenger.  When it happens, I get a dialogue box that says the Samsung Keyboard has stopped working.   It takes about 30 seconds to a minute for it to start working again.  Any ideas on a fix?  Other than clearing the cache, which I have done.

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Keyboard Crash
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dwaineclark1,

Let's get your device functioning 100% again! The Samsung Keyboard is crashing in all applications or mainly just Facebook? Have you ensured that any applications using the keyboard are up to date in the play store? I'd also consider testing the device in safe mode and testing the keyboard for improvements as well; http://vz.to/1IaAdw6

TrevorC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Keyboard Crash
TheGeekFREEK
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a note edge with the same problem. pre-update, post-update, multiple wipes, and as of about a week ago a new phone. Crashes about 5 time a day. I took screenshots of every crash and VZ just ignored them when I sent a printout with my phone. they reimaged it and sent it back. The fix seems to be to not own Verizon locked deviced and flash your own rom that doesnt contain all the garbage.