Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge: Android Pie OS Update.
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

A heads up to owners of the Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge:

I scanned the Internet to see if the Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge will be receiving the Pie update. From what I found as of today, the answer is no. Smiley Sad

The S7 & S7 Edge have been around for two years, so, unless some weird turn of events takes place, Oreo is the end of the line. The S8 & newer models will be receiving Pie.

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge: Android Pie OS Update.
Klue
Master - Level 1

You read one persons guess. Only Samsung knows what phones will be updated.

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Typically the Galaxy series of phones are updated for two years. If the trend continues, then the S7 & S7E have reached the end of the OS update line.

But, as stated, Samsung will have the official final word.

tecklikeme
Enthusiast - Level 2

Most probably, it won't get further updates. If that doesn't get further updates you can wait till Samsung announce some good news for this phone (crossing my fingers).

Cheers!

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dexman

Getting updates are crucial to optimizing your phones performance, so I understand how importance this is to you. Here is a link that will provide you the software updates available by device, click here http://vz.to/2lJLPlw Save that as it will be updated whenever we receive any updated information from the manufacturers/developers. I hope that was beneficial.

Edward_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
RSRJ63

When I clicked on the website you provided for future updates it said, "An unexpected error has occurred". How long will I continue to get this error message?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You'll get the error as long as you attempt to access the link via e-mail notices of the post.  In order to access the link, you need to come to the forum or copy-and-paste the link into your browser.

0 Likes
jenniferh_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hi RSRJ63. I appreciate you trying to check that site for future updates and apologize for the trouble you ran into. I was able to confirm https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/software-updates/ is up and running, so you should be able to copy and paste it into your browser as tikibar1 mentioned. If you try that way, does the link work? Are other links and web browsing options working well for you? Do you experience the same issue on both Wi-Fi and cellular data?

Thank you

JenniferH_VZW

Please follow up on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the suggestion, tikibar1. We truly appreciate you taking the time to help out our fellow community members.

@RSRJ63,

I know how important it is to be able to view all the current software updates we have available for all our devices. I apologize you are receiving an error message when you click on the link we provided.

Are still still getting the error message after following the suggestion provided by Tikibar1? I checked the link and it is working. Were you clicking on the link from the email notice you received, or did you go to the original post http://spr.ly/6587E6lZt and click on the link there? Have you tried using a different browser? Are you having issues with any other links? 

John_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes