SIII Charging Issue
JoelKChenault

I have been having issues with my phone charging. It takes all night to get a full charge and when I use it while it is charging it drains the battery. I have tried using different cords and different chargers. I also tried taking out the battery and putting it back in. I have done a factory reset to see if that would help for whatever reason. Nothing has worked. Any ideas anyone?

0 Likes
Re: SIII Charging Issue
jbmcdroid
Contributor - Level 1

Seems like this is a widespread issue for which no answer has come forth. I'm frustrated with the same thing as many others are. Being home a lot, I have chargers nearby and in my car to keep my S3 charged at all times. Like you, it's getting old and I'm constantly looking for real solutions, if any are to be had. Best regards.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello jbmcdroid,

Charging your phone is definitely an important part of enjoy your wireless device and wireless service. I'm eager to partner with you and get you phone charging properly. May I ask is there any physical or liquid damage on the device? Are you using the original charger with the original battery on the device? Also, please provide the exact android, baseband, and software version that you have on the device so we can investigate.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jbmcdroid
Contributor - Level 1

VZW Customer Support, here's the phone information that you requested:

< About phone

Device name

SCH-I535

Model number

SCH-I535

Android version

Baseband version

1535VRUCML1

Kernel version

se.infra@SEP-83 #1

Wed Dec 11 01:09:13 KST 2013

Build number

JSS15J.1535VRUCML1

SE for Android status

Permissive

Hardware version

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Jbmcdroid,

Let's locate your missing charge! Thanks for the additional details. How long does it take the device to go from 100% to 0% charge? Are you using only Original Equipment Manufacturer chargers specially for the GS3? Did this issue start immediately after the most recent software update? Keep me posted.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
jbmcdroid
Contributor - Level 1

Quite honestly, I haven't kept detailed records of battery discharging/recharging times, as I may have said in many discussion thread that I have home and auto chargers readily available as well as carrying a fully-charged spare battery with me when away from my chargers. However, the bottom line remains (for me and many others) that battery discharging and recharging was not an issue with 4.1.2 and only became an issue after the 4.3 update.

One of the flags raised by my Mobie app is that preloaded applications have been recorded in Mobie alert notifications as having used unusually high (double+) battery usage over a 24 hour period. I was able to correct some of that abnormal usage by turning off selected preloaded apps in the applications management settings... though later, it seemed that my S3-4.3 was running a bit sluggish, so I turned those apps back on. Eventually, I had to perform a hard factory reset and redownloaded all my apps directly from Google Play Store. So far, everything is running well and my benchmark scores (AnTuTu, GFXBench Pro, GFXBench, Nenamark, Vellamo) were quite good.

0 Likes
jbmcdroid
Contributor - Level 1

I forgot to mention that someone (possibly @ XDA forums) suggested that completely draining the battery followed by completely recharging it improves the battery charge. This procedure has long been employed on different types of batteries.

0 Likes