S7 Edge constant restart
MORTEDELGRAIL

So I have had my Galaxy S7 Edge for awhile now. All of a sudden in the last month it just constantly reboots itself randomly. This happens regardless if I am actually doing something on the phone or not. I have tried all the solutions online about checking firmware, factory resetting (5 times), not installed any apps, tried in safe mode, cleared all data and caches etc. The phone charges fine, holds charge fine. The phone has NEVER been dropped or damaged. I talked to Samsung and they said talk to my carrier. I talk to Verizon and they tell me talk to Samsung. What can I do? I have a Phone I basically can not use and don't have the ability to just lump sum the phone off and get a new one. I shouldn't have too anyway, I have had tons of phones over the years and never had one last less than 2 years, [Removed] 99% of the time when I traded back my phone for upgrade they ask me if I had it replaced cause it seemed so new. Verizon CS has declined rapidly in recent times and this is just insane.

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: S7 Edge constant restart
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MORTEDELGRAIL-

It certainly sounds concerning that your Samsung Galaxy s7 Edge has suddenly begun doing a boot loop. I have the same phone and it's been great, so I am sad to learn you're having a different experience now. As a customer myself, I understand why paying off the full balance of the phone may not be the best option for you right now.

Have we checked your account to see if the device is still under warranty? It sounds like you've tried multiple steps, but just to clarify have you tried to do a software repair? http://vz.to/2pl1Hts.  When you did a factory reset, did you restore all of your content right away or did you set it up as new without restoring backed up content?  The reason I ask is because the corruption could be in a file that is backed up, and if the phone is restored, it would restore the corrupted file as well.  Keep us posted.

EricaC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I depend on a reliable phone, MORTEDELGRAIL. I want you to have a working phone that you can enjoy. I will be sending you a private message.

ZangY_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
MORTEDELGRAIL

I have tried factory and not reinstalling anything I did try to do a software repair. I do not know how to even look to see if it is under warranty still but When I contacted Samsung they just told me to talk to you guys anyway. Zang I sent a reply sorry for the late response weekends are busy for me. Also I wouldn't call it a reboot loop since it does it sporadically whenever it wants not a constant thing that can be measured

0 Likes
Lpardre84

I had the same issue on my S7. It did a reboot for 15 minutes and it is vital for me to have my phone. It checked out at the VZW store and then sent me to call Asurion. Asurion had me factory reset and I started from scratch. So far so good. Haven't done an update yet.

0 Likes