Recent marshmallow updates cause battery to not fully charge and accelerated dissipation. Have reflashed AND taken back to factory delivered status, still happens. Any guidelines or feedback on this topic?
JLMRESPOND

Recent (June/July 2016) marshmallow updates cause battery to not fully charge and accelerated dissipation even when it isn't being used.  Battery metrics show Android Operating System using up to 50% of battery capacity.  Have reflashed AND taken back to factory delivered status, still only goes to 65 to 80% as a full charge on slow charge and runs down very quickly.  Any guidelines or feedback on this topic?  Ready to switch to Apple, as also lost all contacts due to Samsung rep not verifying contacts successfully backed up to cloud before resetting to factory-delivered status.  This grief is destroying me.

0 Likes
Re: Recent marshmallow updates cause battery to not fully charge and accelerated dissipation. Have reflashed AND taken back to factory delivered status, still happens. Any guidelines or feedback on this topic?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which phone model do you have?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Recent marshmallow updates cause battery to not fully charge and accelerated dissipation. Have reflashed AND taken back to factory delivered status, still happens. Any guidelines or feedback on this topic?
mfinch69

Same problem . I have a lot to payoff on this phone and now i can barely use it.  I cannot even get verizon to help me.

Looking at switching carriers now for sure.

0 Likes
JLMRESPOND

Hello, Ann154:

Sorry for the delay in responding, tried two days ago, but of course could not access site from phone, and even when accessing from the link within email, the webpage was down.

It is a Galaxy Note 4 with Marshmallow 6.0.1.

Additionally I do not understand why only a small portion (70) of the contacts (800+) I have created actually backed up over time to the Verizon Cloud.  At some points when creating a contact, there is the explicit request, where to save to, however most times, there is nothing indicating where to save to.  Can you explain why this is so?

Also, how does one see the contacts saved on either the Verizon or Gmail cloud?  I have tried repeatedly from both the phone and a laptop to review this master data, however am unable to navigate to the site.  Key word searches on browsers bring back a lot of irrelevant information.  It is frustrating.

thank you.

Janet

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JLMRESPOND, a fully charged phone is the key to getting through the day. Allow us to assist and get this back on track again. There are several things that can be done. First, to ensure that there is nothing alerting the phone software, please complete a device health check athttp://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-201171/. Should you see anything in red or yellow, we do suggest following the steps provided for each. Also, we are seeing great successes in the software repair tool at http://spr.ly/6581BaNmZ. As I always like to be safe, I do suggest backing up your phone to the Verizon Cloud, prior to completing the software repair tool. 

LorenB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The option to select where the contact is saved is usually at the top of the view when creating the contact. Sometimes you have to scroll up to see it. Only contacts saved as Phone contacts will backup to the Verizon Cloud. Contacts saved as Google contacts will sync there.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MOLFIN26,

We never want to ose any valued members of our family. I've sent you a Private Message. Let's discuss your the phone concerns.

KatiM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MOLFIN26 - We would be heartbroken if you left us. You gave a great team that is always eager to assist you and getting your device in tip top shape is our number one goal. The new software is great to have as it makes your device run better. I apologize for the troubles you are having with the new software. When did you download the Marshmallow update? Is the same issue occurring if you let the battery drain completely? Have you tried the software repair assistant? http://spr.ly/6581BaNmZ

JacobV_VZW

0 Likes
JENELL49

Same issues here. Not due for an upgrade until December. Phone was at 50% battery life when boarding a plane yesterday. Turned it off due to takeoff. Turned it back on...Battery critically low?  Has happened multiple times since upgrading MM. But it becomes a real problem when standing at the airport attempting to call husband for a pickup with a dead phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am sorry to hear that you had trouble after your long flight. Have you had the opportunity to run the Device Health Check or Software Repair Assistant?

YaleK_VZW

0 Likes