Phone isn't 24 hours old and cracked
Brookelynn_1989

Upgraded my phone today to a s10 plus, tonight I grabbed it out of my purse and the screen was cracked. Is there a way to return exchange or fix this. Someone please help I'm so upset about how fragile this phone is. It had a screen protector and case on it as well. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Phone isn't 24 hours old and cracked
deloused
Master - Level 3

It wouldn’t be returnable, but getting the screen replaced or filing an insurance claim for the device if you have coverage would be the best options to fix that issue

bearone21
Legend

had it been dropped before you put it in your purse.

screen protector + case??

rcschnoor
Legend

@Brookelynn_1989 wrote:

Upgraded my phone today to a s10 plus, tonight I grabbed it out of my purse and the screen was cracked.  

Is the screen protector still on the device? If yes, are you sure it is not just the screen protector that is cracked?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You do have 14 days to return a device but it can not be damaged. Your best bet would be to get it fixed by a third party company. Also, a damaged screen will void your warranty.

FranciscoP_VZW

0 Likes
ICSL

As mentioned above, make sure it's not just the screen protector that's cracked. It's hard to tell sometimes. Barring that did you get insurance with the phone? Asurion's screen repair, provided you are eligible, is only $30. What I can tell you for sure is that your won't be able to exchange the phone. Though you may not have intentionally caused the damage, it did happen after purchase. If you drive a car out of a dealership parking lot and immediately get side swiped, the dealership isn't gonna exchange that wreck. Your best bet, if you have insurance, is going to phoneclaim.com and filing a claim .

Edit: Do NOT get it repaired at a third party if it's not the actual asurion insurance repair. After market repair parts will also void your warranty if you do have any sort of damage unrelated defect down the line. 

0 Likes