Old texts duplicated during transfer
sfran7

I transferred the info/data from a s7 to s10e. In the Messages+app AND the messages app that comes with the s10e, all old messages came over in duplicate. So if I texted you last week, i see my text twice and you reply twice.

I tried clearing cache and data. Is there an app that can clean this up? I like to refer back to old texts but i suspect this will take up a lot of storage 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Old texts duplicated during transfer
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sfran7, We know the importance of ensuring your text messaging applications are working successfully. We're sorry to learn that you're experiencing duplicates. While we do not have an application that can help to remove duplicate messages, we want to do all that we can to help. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Messaging applications? You can also try deleting the conversation threads and start a new one. 

TanishaS_VZW

0 Likes
sfran7

I did uninstall and reinstall. And thread by thread isn't the best option because it's with all of my contacts. Every text I sent and received prior to setting up my new phone on 12/13 is duplicated. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sfran7, what is the make, model of the phone you have currently? - ErichC_VZW

0 Likes