Note MMS Video Issue
Nerofive4
Enthusiast - Level 2

My SamsungNote 4 always showing mms videos received as a static image, with a playable audio file beneath (but no video)?

Re: Note MMS Video Issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Nerofive4,

We certainly want you to be able to enjoy all of your MMS messages. Allow us to get some further details from you. When did this first start happening? Were you ever able to receive videos? Does it happen to all MMS messages (group/picture) or just videos?

ChristinaM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Nerofive4
Enthusiast - Level 2

Its been doing this for the past 6 months, but not always, there was no change in software, it only happens to videos, images show up as images, videos show up as an image with an audio file beneath that plays only audio

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's figure this out, Nerofive4. Are you able to send video messages out successfully? Are you using the regular messaging app that came with the phone, or a third party app? Do you know any other Verizon customers who are also having trouble, or does it just seem to happen on your phone? These details can help us figure out what's causing the issue, and work toward getting your video messages working normally.

MichelleH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CMARTIN5777
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ditto I have the same problem. I others receive my pictures and videos unfortunately blurry. I receive pics fine but video is split with picture and qcp audio file. Verizon what is the fix?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that your videos are not blurry Cmartin5777. What messaging application are you (the stock messaging app or Verizon Messages+) using? Does this happen with every video that you send out? Are you able to post a pic?

AmberF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CMARTIN5777
Enthusiast - Level 1

@AmberF_VZW It happens with stock and 3rd party...yes it happens with all pics and videos.  No picture because on my end they are clear it is the receiver that shows me how blurry they are along with my posts to social media they are of low quality.

My comment is to the original post about the incoming text video that arrives as a static picture with a qcp audio file.  This is frustrating...I have done numerous factory resets in the past two days and it is still the same.  this has been happening for a few months.  Please help with a fix to both of my issues.

0 Likes
CMARTIN5777
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

Do you have an update to my issue?

Cindy [removed]

Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to post and send videos is a key feature with the phones, CMARTIN5777. Let's see what could be causing this. How long has this been happening? Are the videos being recorded using the standard camera app on your Note 4 or did you install an alternate video recording app? NicoleB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CMARTIN5777
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am using my Note 4 with the standard software i.e. apps etc…no modifications.  As I mentioned in previous comments this has been happening for several months.

Cindy [Removed]

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes