I also would like better clarification. I have waited several months for the new Note to come out. I do not want the S7 or would've gotten that before. I just want to exchange for a new Note 7. If that is not possible then I should be able to go back to the phone I was using and my Upgrade elig should be reinstated. I should be able to return the accessories I purchased, including the screen protector. It is not a change of heart that is causing me to return the accessories or phone. It shouldn't cost me money to return something due to the carrier or manufacturer. Any loss Verizon would incur due to returns, like the screen protector, should be reimbursed by the manufacturer.
Has anyone received any response from Verizon (our carrier or soon to be ex-carrier)? I have friends with other carriers and they are getting specific information on questions on recall and returns!
Just received this from Samsung.
In response to our recent announcement regarding battery cell issues with the Galaxy Note7, we are launching an exchange program for all Galaxy Note7 owners. We are offering this exchange because your safety and peace of mind is our top priority. Additional sales and shipments of the affected devices have been stopped, but if you already have a Galaxy Note7, we ask that you replace it.
Through the U.S. Product Exchange Program, you can:
We know this exchange is an inconvenience, so you will also receive a $25 gift card, in-store credit or bill credit from select carrier retail outlets when choosing a Galaxy S7 family device or the Galaxy Note 7 within the exchange program.
I am keying-in on the sentence;
I'll willingly surrender my Note7 when a replacement Note7 in Coral Blue is available. Send a new Note7 in Coral Blue to me with a return label and it'll be game on.
Hopefully Verizon announces a much more clear and concise game plan for those of us who just want a new Note7 without battery issues. I'm hoping if they are to receive these new batches early this week, maybe we get more information sometime today or tomorrow? That sure would be nice! In the mean time, check the back of your Note7, if you see "made in Korea" (like mine) or "made in Vietnam" you definitely want to exchange your Note7 for the new batch. Those batteries (made in Korea and made in Vietnam) were made and packaged by Samsung SDI and were found to have the faulty cell. The batteries packaged by ATL, that don't have the faulty cell issue, will have "made in China" on the back of the phone. 70% of the 2.5 million Note7's shipped were from Samsung SDI and the other 30% were from ATL. So, there are plenty more that at some point could become defective or have issues, so exchanging for the New Note7's would be best. Hope this helps you and anyone else in the mean time while we wait for Verizon to be a bit more detailed as to when and how we are to exchange our Note7's for the new batch.
I called Verizon and they stated that they didn't know if they would even be carrying the Note7 at all once this recall is over. They are pushing for folks to choose the S7 or S7 edge...if I wanted either of those phones I would've purchased them months ago.
Samsung stated that new Note7's would be available as early as this week, so I'm not sure why Verizon is dragging their heels when other carriers are readily exchanging Note7 for Note7. AT&T is even allowing you to get an S7 or S7 edge until the new Note7's are available, and allowing you to then exchange again. Very disappointed. Every other carrier has specific protocol in place.
After getting a copy of the 9 Sept Samsung announcement, I toot my new Note 7 into the Verizon store on the 10th. They did not have official notification or any J series phone to loan as stated in the Samsung announcement.
I had a Galaxy S5 that had my deceased father's number on it that I was using for a smartphone while I previously used a battery thrifty clam-shell whose number got transferred to the Note 7.
Sales associate swapped the phone numbers so I am now using S5 with external battery and powered the Note 7 OFF. Associate said to keep the powered-down Note 7 until notified that replacements are available.
Only problem was that Verizon computer kept shutting down and the transfer took over an hour to do what should have been 10 minutes.
Thank you for sharing your experience and for this particular bit of intel on the situation; " Associate said to keep the powered-down Note 7 until notified that replacements are available."
I believe that is how the ongoing matter is shaping-up. When they want my Note7 they know how to contact me. I'm their (still satisfied) customer.