Note 3 since the KitKat upgrade, I no longer have cell service in my office.
mikebbass
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had the Note 3 for awhile and in general I love it, however since the KitKat upgrade, I no longer have cell service in my office. I have placed my SIM card in my iPhone and it can make calls all day long from my office. Put the SIM back in the Note 3 and when I try to make a call I get the No service error. (Calls made to my cell while in the office go straight to voicemail) I have tried rebooting, removing and re-inserting the SIM, and even a factory reset. No dice. Anyone else?

0 Likes
Re: Note 3 since the KitKat upgrade, I no longer have cell service in my office.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello mikebbass,

Clearly there's a concern that warrants our immediate attention. Let's partner together and get your service working properly. Is the service issue only in your office? If so then what zip code is your office in? Can I assume that there isn't any liquid or physical damage on the device? As you share the details then we can investigate.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Note 3 since the KitKat upgrade, I no longer have cell service in my office.
mikebbass
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the quick reply. there is no damage to the phone, the issue isn't only in my office, overall my reception is far lower than it used to be. I make the same drive every morning to take my kids to school (from Berwyn, PA 19312 to Media, pa 19063) and I am often on conference calls for most of the trip. Before the Kitkat upgrade, I would be able to maintain calls and connections the entire route. Now however the calls are dropped. So it isn't just in my office. Additionally I have switched form the Note 3 to my iPhone (different SIMs) and it works just fine in my office.

My office is in Berwyn PA 19312 which has a very strong 4G presence. 

In looking through the threads here and on other forums, I don't seem to be the only person facing issues with the upgrade.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mikebbass,

Thank you for sharing the additional details. Are other Verizon Wireless customer having the same issues in your office? Does the service improve once you leave your office? Swapping out the SIM card can help improve your overall service, and it can be swapped out at no cost at your local corporate Verizon Wireless store. We (Customer Service) can send one out to you as well. Please advise which works better for you.

KarenC_VZW

0 Likes
mikebbass
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well my office is my house but my wife doesn't have any cell service issues on her iPhone (vzw), and when I use my iPhone (vow) it works fine, so its just the note 3.

We can try changing the sim, please send one out if you can that would be great.

Mike

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mikebbass,

Hmm, that is odd! Let's try out the SIM Card for now and test that option. Please accept my follow request and send me direct message so I can further assist you.

KarenC_VZW

0 Likes