New OTA update abailable
Doug_S1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Got a notice on my phone today for a new update.

Anyone tried it?

Results?

0 Likes
Re: New OTA update abailable
Skipw

Upgraded 1 hour ago, cell signal did not improve. 

0 Likes
Skipw

What got fixed. No mention of signal strength!

Changelog

• Fixed an issue where in some cases the Alarm Clock does not start up
  • Fixed an issue where sometimes the “Answer calls with voice command” was not working
  • Fixed an issue where sometimes the user is getting white squares on lock screen ONLY instead of #s
  • Fixed an issue in some rare cases when removing or adding icons/widgets on any of the home screens the display shows the Touch Wiz force close notification
  • Fixed an issue related to Camera Application crashing only in Easy Mode
  • Implemented a change to prevent lockout of the device after a software upgrade (affects devices that have been encrypted)
  • Improvements to the Reactivation lock (lost or stolen device security)
  • Android security patches (includes Stagefright fix!)
0 Likes
rahn
Enthusiast - Level 3

My Verizon Galaxy Note 3 just got a weird update. It did sort of a half baked reset. All of my stock settings were reset. It also tried to update every single app on my phone without any permission given at all. Apps that couldn't be found in the Market are greyed out and tapping them points me to the Market. Some of these apps were side loaded, some came from bundles, and some were in the market but didn't update and will not work (AMEX app, for example). When I tap these grayed out placeholders I'm directed to the Market. Ironically I noticed no loss of storage space, so it didn't really uninstall anything.  It's just keeping me from my apps until I update them in the Market which I think is BULL. WTF?  I've noticed one single improvement which is really just a fix for something they broke in a previous update. Now when I have the shade pulled down I can swipe up anywhere on the screen to roll it back up which was the way it functioned before some other update required you to actually tap on the shade itself to roll it back up.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Skipw, it sounds like you have some concerns with your signal and we are here to help. What exactly are you experiencing? Are calls dropping? Are you receiving errors? What is the zip code. Please share so we may get to the bottom of this.
LorenB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Updates are meant to improve your device rahn. I regret to learn of the difficulites you are experiencing. When did your phone update? Can you verify what software verision is now displaying on your phone? Does your device perform this way and apps are grayed out everywhere you go with the phone?

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes