Mobile Hotspot won't turn on, subscription issue
mtroxel
Enthusiast - Level 2

Galaxy S10e with Android 11, had it over a year now.  I end up using the Hot Spot about once a week.  Since an update last week, it won't turn on.  Say's I'll need to subscribe to the Mobile Hotspot service.  I am subscribed.  Two 30 minute calls with Verizon, no help.  If I turn on WiFi, the Hot Spot will turn on and share by WiFi internet, but I need it to share the 4G internet.  So it will turn on, but not if it just sees the 4G.

Two 30 minute calls with Verizon, me answering the same questions from about 5 people.  Yes I've reset the network (5 times) done a cold boot (about 6 times) confirmed I'm on the net with just 4G...all of that.

Labels (1)
Re: Mobile Hotspot won't turn on, subscription issue
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you already verified your plan still includes the mobile hotspot feature? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The Mobile Hotspot definitely comes in handy, I use it all the time. We're here to help in any way we can. Tell me, have you changed your plan recently? What is the make and model of your phone? Do you see an error message, or is there no option to turn it on? Please share some details, thanks very much. 

0 Likes
mtroxel
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes.  It has always been part of my plan.  Two 30 minute calls with Verizon and both times they confirmed its part of my plan.  Second phone call said level 2 was going to reach me in 24-48 hours.  Didn't happen.   Went to a Verizon store, they confirmed it is on my plan, but wouldn't look at my phone unless I had an appointment.  Now I've got well over an hour in this thing.  So I took the sim card out and put it in my previous phone.  Hot spot worked on my old phone.  So I just wiped out my Galaxy S10e and started over.  That worked.

0 Likes
terwal21

I have the same issue with my Moto G Power. I can't believe it has been several months without a resolution. The only way I can use hotspot now is to put the SIM card in my older phone. It's a bit ridiculous and time-consuming.

0 Likes
DISATISFIED_CUSTOMER
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been fighting his issue for over a month.  I called to complain about slow data speeds that myself and all other users in our work area were experiencing.  Verizon reps fix was to "upgrade my plan".  Garbage, but I let them do it anyway because it didn't cost more.  EVER since that day, the first week in June 2021, when i try to activate my hotspot, i get a message saying i need to subscribe to a hotspot plan.  I DO NOT.  

LITERALLY 6-7 HOURS on hold in as many days, disconnected, promised call backs that never happened,  telling the same story over and over to a new rep when I do reach one (why does it take 45min on hold before a person actually picks up the phone!)(and why don't reps keep logs or at least read logs so customers don't have to explain the same problem over and over), supposedly escalated to higher tier tech support, gone through the same rudimentary resets, refreshes, etc etc etc,  tickets get closed with no resolution, reopened when i finally get through to someone only to have them closed again a few days later with no resolution and no follow-up.  Finally found a Verizon Wireless Executive Relations email address two weeks ago... STILL NO RESOLUTION even though she's said it has been escalated, again.  All i get is "we'll get back to you when we have an update".  

4+weeks?  This is ridiculous Verizon.  Oh, and thanks for sending my bill with no reduction for services I'm not receiving.   Spare me the "canned apologies" and FIX this. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to learn that you continue to have issues with your Mobile Hotspot, DISATISFIED_CUSTOMER. You mention that you have escalated this issue including contacting our Executive Relations team. We recommend that you continue to work with them as that is the highest team that your concerns can be escalated to. I apologize for any inconvenience this information may cause you. 

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
DISATISFIED_CUSTOMER
Enthusiast - Level 2

And i haven't heard from them since last Thursday and i got that response only after calling twice more asking for an update.  Supposedly this has been escalated for two weeks??

As per Verizon... keep passing it on to someone else until the customer gives up and goes away.  I'm a small time customer.  If i were some big corporate account, I'm sure I'd be given actual priority.

0 Likes
DISATISFIED_CUSTOMER
Enthusiast - Level 2

July 16, still no reply from your Executive Relations team despite email and phone messages left.   Last communication was over 7 days ago now.  

Sent email to the Senior VP, Sales & Operations (Consumer Group) at Verizon yesterday afternoon in frustration.  Perhaps that will help?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand you've not received an update & I deeply apologize. I want to look further into your account concerns. I've sent you a Private Note. Please reply at your earliest convenience.

KiaH_VZW

0 Likes