MUST REFRESH TO GET VOICEMAIL
MANDIREISS
Enthusiast - Level 2

WHY MUST I OPEN THE VOICEMAIL APP AND REFRESH TO RECEIVE VOICEMAILS?

Re: MUST REFRESH TO GET VOICEMAIL
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want your voicemail to work without any issues MANDIREISS. I'm sorry you have to refresh the app to get it working each time. What phone do you have? Do you have a Prepaid account?

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have any background data restrictions set up on the phone?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
MANDIREISS
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the Samsung Galaxy 7.  I do not have a prepaid account.

0 Likes
MANDIREISS
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nope, it is all turned off.

0 Likes
MANDIREISS
Enthusiast - Level 2

Would also like to mention it started as soon as the promo "Visual" voicemail ran out.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You should verify which visual voicemail you are subscribed to. You might not be subscribed to any of them which would explain why the application isn't working.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
MANDIREISS
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am not subscribed to any "Visual".  When prompted, I declined to keep the one that was on the phone for $2.99 a month.  I just have regular voicemail.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which phone model do you have?  For some phones there is a free Basic Visual Voicemail that will let you use the voicemail application to access the voicemail.  The basic visual voicemail should be listed on your account as a feature if you are subscribed to it.  if you truly only have the basic non-visual voicemail then you don't use the application to access the voicemail.  You can only access it by calling *86 through the voicemail key in the dialer or manually dialing it.

0 Likes
MANDIREISS
Enthusiast - Level 2

The Galaxy S7.  I have learned that I have the Basic Visual Voicemail.  I cleared the data and let the phone set it up again and declined the "Premium".  I still must refresh to get voicemails...

Another quick question, that I hope is an easier fix than this...is there a way to stop notifications on "blocked" calls?  I see that the blocked list is not a true block, but a reject call.  These numbers are still leaving messages, and I would at least like my phone to stop lighting up for numbers that I have blocked.

Funny, we buy these phones with all these features, and its starting to feel like they are forgetting that it is a PHONE!!

Thank you for you help so far, and I hope to get this al resolved somehow.  My next step is going to be to upgrade to the same phone, just to get one that may work!

0 Likes