Is there a way to keep the display on when plugged into power?
cynindesign
Contributor - Level 2

My Nexus had this option....but I don't see it on the Note 3.  At this point, I'm not having any issues, I have the display on the brightest, live wallpapers, gps, Bluetooth.....just about everything turned on, and it's sooooo much more efficient than my Nexus....I couldn't go anywhere w/o an external battery pack.  Over night, w/o power, I'd wake up w/ the Nexus at 60-70%....now w/ the note 3 it might be 96%....it's great...now I don't walk around looking like a suicide bomber w/ wires from phone to external battery....but I WOULD like the Note 3 to stay alert when it's plugged in to power.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is there a way to keep the display on when plugged into power?
cynindesign
Contributor - Level 2

It was the "Build Number info, tap on that....yeah, I got that from Verizon wireless support, I had started tapping on all the lines since the version # didn't work while I was on hold, and added the developer's setting not knowing it, Thanks, Ann, Cyn

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The option is available under the developer settings on my S4, but I had to unlock the display of the developer line in the Settings menu.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
cynindesign
Contributor - Level 2

Weird, I.E. 10 wouldn't let me reply, had to open Chrome...Ann, I don't see that setting like on the Nexus for developers...

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The site has issues with IE10. It seems to work in IE11 for some reason if the report in another thread on the forum is to be believed.

I don't have my Galaxy Nexus in front of me, but here is the S4 images.

Screenshot_2013-10-22-17-09-38.pngScreenshot_2013-10-22-17-09-43.png

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
cynindesign
Contributor - Level 2

No the Note 3 isn't like that at all...a lot of space is taken up w/ motion/movement/s-pen......I see no developers options....thanks, Ann

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You were on the same tab in the Settings menu? Can you post a screenshot of the same area of the settings with the About Phone line in the shot?

0 Likes
cynindesign
Contributor - Level 2

ok you asked, here they are, I took it off the tab display because where your "more" was displayed, mine has "general"

note3.1.png

note3.2.png

note3.3.png

note3.4.png

note3.5.png

note3.6.png

note3.7.png

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your developer setting is still hidden. That'sthe pproblem.

Now to remember the trick to unhide it...

0 Likes
cynindesign
Contributor - Level 2

Well I guess I'll call tecnhical supp and see if they know....I've gone through everything I could find.  I just posted the question on the developers forum and we'll see if they come up w/ something....might possibly have to restart it in a safe mode or something else.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I think it is touching the Android version line in the About Phone view. It will warn you before the last touch to unlock the developer settings.

The developer forum users would know this.

or can you please verify the steps?

0 Likes