How do I prevent an auto update from using data?
JUDCUT96

My auto update caused my data overage. How do I prevent an auto update using data?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: auto update uses data
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's make sure your applications are not auto updating on your phone. Here are the steps to complete:

Steps to enable or disable automatic application updates on your Samsung Galaxy S 5 Sport

1.From the home screen, tap Play Store.

2.Tap the Play Store Menu icon.

3.Tap Settings.

4.Tap Auto-update apps.

5.To enable automatic application updates, tap Auto-update apps at any time or Auto-update apps over Wi-Fi only.

JasperM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@JUDCUT96 Keeping our applications and smartphones up to date is very important. We want to help avoid any data overages. There are ways only to allow “Auto Updates” when connected to Wi-Fi.  Can you please tell me what the make and model of your phone is? We are here to help you.

EvelynR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question, please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
JUDCUT96

Samsung Galaxy S6

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's make sure your applications are not auto updating on your phone. Here are the steps to complete:

Steps to enable or disable automatic application updates on your Samsung Galaxy S 5 Sport

1.From the home screen, tap Play Store.

2.Tap the Play Store Menu icon.

3.Tap Settings.

4.Tap Auto-update apps.

5.To enable automatic application updates, tap Auto-update apps at any time or Auto-update apps over Wi-Fi only.

JasperM_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JUDCUT96,

Automatic updates can certainly be a good way to let your phone stay up to date on it's own, but you can always keep it under control with a few simple changes. While in the Play Store, tap on the 3 bars in the top left corner to bring up the menu bar. Scroll down to Settings, then tap on "Auto-update apps" to make sure that "Auto-update apps over Wi-Fi only" are selected. If not on Wi-Fi, and an update is available, you can tap on the notification to manually download it.

RussellM_VZW

0 Likes