Group Text Issues
TranceGoD
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

I have been having a lot of issues with group texts.  I have tried everything in the book to fix this and nothing has worked so far.  I have

1. Factory Reset My Phone

2. Tried Message +

3. Tried Pulse SMS

4. Put on Airplane mode on & off

5. switched from Wireless to cellular

Nothing has helped so far.  I found a very similar thread in Verizon discussion with people have the same exact issue.  However it's strange to me that discussion was closed and I am unable to further follow the resolution if any to this VERY, VERY serious issue.

Recent discussion thread

MMS broken again, Galaxy S8+

I ham having same identical issue with my Note 8 as these people are with Galaxy S8 and 9.  I have exact symptoms and it's ONLY in group texts.  I will text group of friends and all the sudden my texts will stop sending and I'll get stuck with sending..... then I know my MMS has frozen.  After about 5-10 minutes I will get 15 even 20+ texts back to back trying to catch up on all that I have missed. 

My observation indicates that this does not duplicate on single person to person texting.  I can text anyone just fine no matter iPhone or Android. So this issue is SPECIFICALLY isolated to group texting.  While thread above indicated Verizon will work with Android and Veirzon developers I have had zero luck in finding as to what has been found so far on this topic?

I been a valued Verizon customer for many years and this might be what will push me to switch providers if it's not resolved.  Us Verizon customers pay more money for better service and we know it.  But, this is not good service and it HAS to be fixed. 

Please let me know the latest update on this critical issue that many of us are reporting.

Thank you,

Haikaz

Re: Group Text Issues
bearone21
Legend

so what are the issues?

0 Likes
justincredubil02
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem.  What happens is I'll be texting away and receiving messages in a group text.  Suddenly, I can't send a message in that group, and all of the messages from other people are not coming in the group text.  Each individual message is stuck in a "downloading" state outside of the group text and in each individual sender's texts.

For example, Bob, Bill, Joe, Rick, and I are texting away in a group text.  When the problem happens, I no longer receive any messages.  I back out of the group text, and I have 5 messages from Bob, 2 from Rick, 8 from Joe.  I open Joe's text thread on my phone, and the 8 messages from him are all "Downloading".

I have no issues texting individual texts to people, or even in other group threads.  When I restart my phone, suddenly the group text is full of all the previously "downloading" texts.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can see how this is a hassle for you when trying to send a text message in a group. With regard to messaging others in a group message, what kind of phone are you using? Also, are you using the standard text application or a downloaded one?  JasperM_VZW

0 Likes
Pwalowen

I have the same problem. Been driving me nuts. I have an s8 latest update. It seems to have started after the most recent update a couple of months ago. What the heck. Very frustrated.

0 Likes
Pwalowen

Is there any resolution or any way to fix this thank you

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Pwalowen, we always want your messaging to be working properly. May we ask what messaging application you are using? Have you tried using a different messaging app? If so, which ones? 

ChristineK_VZW

0 Likes
brvalley
Enthusiast - Level 1

Using an iPhone 6S and iPhone 7. Just switched to Verizon this week and now group texting doesn’t work. We use the native iPhone messages app for texting. 

danfouts1414
Enthusiast - Level 2

EXACT same problem.  Has anyone found a fix?  It's driven me nuts for years.  Group texting fine.....then all of a sudden my texts say sending....and none of theirs come in.  Individually they all show they sent a text and it's downloading.  Then, 30 minutes or so later.....boom...They all come rushing in, usually out of order.  Only group texts. 

Restarting, turning on off WiFi, turning on off data, changing text programs.  Nothing works.  

danfouts1414
Enthusiast - Level 2

And as I just posted that, I got a text on a different group string and that one is not frozen. It's only the one that is hung up.... but it's not always that one string with that one group of people that freezes. Lots of them get stuck with no rhyme or reason but I'm now seeing that when that one is stuck, other ones are still going through.

0 Likes