Galaxy Will Not Accept New Yahoo Password
19bigbob34
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently had to change my Yahoo email password for security reasons. Now, my Verizon Samsung J36V Galaxy will not accept or recognize my new password. I believe the problem has to do with a non-letter, non-numeric character used in my new password (an !). I was told there is a security setting on the Samsung to select whether to allow passwords with or without non-letter or non-numeric characters,  but I cannot find it. Appreciate any suggestions. Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Galaxy Will Not Accept New Yahoo Password
19bigbob34
Enthusiast - Level 1

The Yahoo password was changed fur security reasons, keeping the account name. Apparently the J36V, now a bit old, has an older email app which does not support Yahoo's new preferred authentication method. User needs to go into Yahoo security for account and generate a randomly selected 16 digit app password code and use that in place of the earlier account password on the Galaxy. Now works great.
Solved.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello there! We're sorry to read that you're having trouble. We know its important that you're able to access your email. You should be able to use any characters without the need of making any changes to your settings. Are you trying to update the password or did you remove the account and are setting up the account again? 

0 Likes
19bigbob34
Enthusiast - Level 1

The Yahoo password was changed fur security reasons, keeping the account name. Apparently the J36V, now a bit old, has an older email app which does not support Yahoo's new preferred authentication method. User needs to go into Yahoo security for account and generate a randomly selected 16 digit app password code and use that in place of the earlier account password on the Galaxy. Now works great.
Solved.

rsteer
Enthusiast - Level 2

This solution worked for an old Blackberry Z-10 phone too -- went to Yahoo "Account Security" and asked for an "app password" for "other app".  (I didn't want my Yahoo account to make any assumptions about the Blackberry Hub by calling it any standard flavor of email...)

0 Likes