Galaxy S8- WIFI calling randomly turning off
KELCOP17
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

We live in a area where service is limited. That being said, my service with Verizon allows me better access than other family members in the house with AT&T. To boost it even more I have WIFI calling turned on. This has worked wonderfully! A software update occurred on my phone on 06/22 G950USQU4CRE9. Since this update occurred my WIFI calling feature randomly turns off. This has never happened until this software update. I woke up this morning, attempted to call my husband, and noticed the call wasn't going through...WIFI calling was off. I've read through a few other threads on this same issue but just wanted to throw my personal issue in the mix as well since most other issues have been with the Pixel.

Any updates on this known issue? WIFI calling is pretty essential due to the limited reception we have at home. I love Verizon and have been with you guys for 20 years...same phone number Smiley Happy Not going anywhere else but would love to see a fix to this issue.

Thank you!

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S8- WIFI calling randomly turning off
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

First I do want to thank you for you two decades of loyalty Kelop17. I understand the importance of having WiFi calling in your home. I am sure we will figure this out. Have you installed any new apps lately? Is anyone else in the household having issues with their WiFi calling dropping? When WiFi calling is turned off is your WiFi also turned off?

Amber_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KELCOP17
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Amber_VZW,

I have not installed any new apps lately. My husband told me he has had the same issue since installing his update on 06/22/18 as well. He has the Galaxy S8+. When WiFi calling turns off by itself the actual WiFi is not off. Hope this helps answer your questions.

Thank you

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KELCOP17,

Thanks for that additional information. Let's gather some more information. When the Wifi calling turns off, does your phone give you a notification? Is this happening while you are in your home, and picking up your Wifi? Have you noticed this happening with any other Wifi networks?

Christina_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KELCOP17
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Christina_VZW,

Yes I get a notification to turn on my Wifi calling. So I click on the notification and turn it back on. Yes, it happens while in my home. I haven't noticed it occurring anywhere else. The home Wifi is on at the time. It has not happened on any other Wifi networks.

GKB1688
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi, I have been dealing with the same problem - I lost my wifi calling since the update on 6/22, but I factory-reset my phone yesterday, per VZ instructed, and still, no change, my wifi calling is still not working. And I have no connections to my kids while I'm at work.  I am contacting you to see if your problem has been resolved.  Please kindly advise. Thank you so much!

KELCOP17
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi GKB1688,

No the issue has not been resolved. Not sure what happened after that update but something definitely changed. My husband's phone is having the same issue. They haven't suggested a factory reset for me and if they did I would not do that. That is not a good recommendation for an issue such as this. They need to look at the update that was installed on the 22nd and determine what could have happened from that. Hope you find some answers.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KELCOP17-

The details you have provided are much appreciated. I trust we can get this issue resolved for you. We would need you to complete a software repair which is essential to ensure your software update is correctly installed. Please follow the link for the steps required and let me know how that works https://vz.to/1MSHfs9

Carmen_VZW

0 Likes
GKB1688
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi KELCOP17,

Thank you so much for your response.

Nope, the factory reset didn't work for me, which it took me more than 4 hours to have everything "done", just to find out this morning as soon as I came into work that nothing has changed. I immediately broke down crying.  This is so frustrating.

0 Likes
MICYAT69
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have this exact issue with my S8+.  Verizon just sent me a replacement phone and everything was fine for 2 days.  Wifi calling was not shutting itself off until my phone auto upgraded to Android 8.0, Oreo.  Literally minutes after the update I started receiving the notifications again.  Verizon and the Android developers need to stop with these useless troubleshooting tips, they do not work.  There is a bug with Android 8.0, end of story. Please fix it and stop wasting people's time with troubleshooting that will not work.