Galaxy S6 Edge, the screen rotation not working correctly
jenscookin

A few days after I purchased my Galaxy S6 Edge, the screen rotation stopped working. I was told they would have a software update to fix it. It has been 7 months and none of the updates have corrected the problem. How do I get this working properly? It is driving me nuts!  Please help!

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S6 Edge, the screen rotation not working correctly
jenscookin

Is anyone able to help with this issue? I updated again today with the new updated and still no luck.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jenscookin,

The screen rotation is a really convenient feature to have. I watch videos on my phone often, so I’m not sure what I’d do with out it. Let’s figure out what’s going on. Do you recall what happened prior to when the rotation stopped working? Was there an install of a new app or update? Is the screen rotation issue affecting all compatible tasks on your phone or is it limited to specific apps? Aside from installing updates, can you tell me what troubleshooting you’ve already tried?

ShawnteJ_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jenscookin

I purchased the phone in April 2015 and in a few short days after is when the rotation problem began. When I initially looked into it, I was told there was a software update coming out that would fix the issue. When I looked online it indicated it might be a hardware problem but my local store would not replace the phone because they were told the software update would fix the issue. Well, there have been several updates and no fix. It is no particular app. It is all of them. When I take pictures, I have to go in and manually rotate the picture. I can take a portrait with the camera at the top of the phone and the picture will show up in the gallery upside down. I can take a landscape picture and it will appear in the gallery to the left. It's as if the sensor is not functioning properly. It cannot tell which way is up and it cannot tell when you rotate the phone to rotate the screen.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jenscookin, we know how frustrating this must be for you. When you slide down from the top of the screen, do you have Screen Rotation on? When it comes to the photos as long as the Screen Rotation is on the photos will automatically adjust. Can you check that Setting please?

0 Likes