Changing Google owner on a Galaxy Note3
rollerman05
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a hand me down Samsung Galaxy Note3 from my Wife.  How do a make my Google account the primary owner of the phone?

It appears that I need to delete her Google account, but that would delete her related gmail account which is currently being used on her new device.

Thank you!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Changing Google owner on a Galaxy Note3
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You may want to factory reset the device so that you can start 'from scratch' setting up the phone the way you want it.

Perform a Factory Data Reset (Device Powered Off) Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | Verizon Wireless

View solution in original post

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You may want to factory reset the device so that you can start 'from scratch' setting up the phone the way you want it.

Perform a Factory Data Reset (Device Powered Off) Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | Verizon Wireless

Jay_M_
Contributor - Level 2

Deleting her Google account from her old phone will not deactivate her Google account. She'd still be able to use it on her new phone without any issues.

rollerman05
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tikibar1:  Thank you, I did just that and it resolved the issue.    Ironically it didn't wipe all of my applications, which I was fearful of.   Again, thank you.