All Apps - even ones that aren't open - Keep Crashing
quecera
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been getting "app stopped working" notifications for the last few hours - even on apps that aren't open, or open in the background. Around 20 notifications, and when I try to check messages in the Message+app, it closes after thinking about it.

Updates are up to date. This hasn't happened before, so I'm not sure where to go from here. It's a Samsung Galaxy S7.

Labels (1)
Re: All Apps - even ones that aren't open - Keep Crashing
lyale15c

I have a S20FE5g and all of a sudden several apps stopped.  The one that is still a problem is my Email.  I uninstalled two of the apps and reinstalled and for the moment they are now opening.  But the email - I don't want to mess with.  Keep getting a flash notice that email stopped working but it never stays on long enough for me to know what to do.  Ugh!

0 Likes
JM8004
Enthusiast - Level 1
  • Galaxy Note 20 ultra having same problem
0 Likes
lyale15c

Have you been able to read the notice about the apps not working?  Mine flashes so quickly I can't read it.  

0 Likes
PCBright

2 of us have Samsung Galaxy 6 with the same issue today.

0 Likes
thadmorrow
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issue.  I updated to 11 yesterday and then about an HR ago, random apps just won't open.  Both email clients and of all apps, my 24 fitness app.  Sounds like this update is riddled with issues.  Did they not follow a QC process?

0 Likes
Sunny50

Some gaming apps will not open (solataire, wordscape). Tried restarting but didn't fix problem. Problem started when I was playing wordscapes and game froze. I have a Motorola One 5G that is running Android 10.

0 Likes
Vsmoot01

Samsung S10 doing the same thing . Done all the troubleshooting shy of a  factory reset. Has anyone been able to get any info for  possible reason for this issue? 

0 Likes
JNulli

Galaxy A51 also having the same issue!!

0 Likes
jorob
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had the same problem starting yesterday evening, 3/22/21, on my Galaxy S7 Edge.  After extensive research had found, like another suggested, that it is a Google issue. 

Mine is now okay!!  Everything is working!!!  Just did this update about 10 minutes ago.

After allowing updates to Android Apps, according to Google Support...

Update your Android apps - Google Play Help

Update individual Android apps automatically

To set up updates for individual apps on your device:

1. Open the Google Play Store app 
  2. Tap Menu 

My apps & games.

3. Select the app you want to update.
  4. Tap More 
  5. Tap Enable auto update.

The app will update automatically when updates are available. To turn off automatic updates, uncheck the box.

0 Likes