After update, my phone now randomly restarts after I turn off Wifi.
justinl2018
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

My Verizon Galaxy S9+ was updated to G965USQS2ARF4 and now it reboots when wifi is disconnected. It keeps happing everytime I turn wifi off and on. Has anyone else experienced this and is there a way to fix this?

Thanks,

Justin.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: After update, my phone now randomly restarts after I turn off Wifi.
justinl2018
Enthusiast - Level 2

I found out why this happens! I brought my phone into the Verizon store and the tech guy said that you need to going to "Settings" then search for, at the top, "Reset" and then tap "Reset Network Settings." This will fix that WiFi error. I hope this helps anyone else with this error. Justin.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Justin, we would be glad to help you get this issue corrected with your Galaxy S9. We would like to place you device in Safe Mode to see if the issue continues to happen. When you have a moment please click on the following link that will help show you more details about how Safe Mode works with your device, and how you can make these changes with your phone to test it our. Please keep us updated with any changes. http://spr.ly/6587DUaoW

David_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
justinl2018
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

I restarted my phone in safe mode and I tried turning off the wifi and the phone still glitched and restarted suddenly in safe mode. Ever since I updated to your most recent security update, I've had this issue. Let me know what else we can try.

Thanks,

Justin L.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for continuing with us, and for the details provided. Since this started, has there been any new updates for the device? Have you tried a factory reset? Here is a link on how to do this, https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-216580/.

JavierMD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
justinl2018
Enthusiast - Level 2

I found out why this happens! I brought my phone into the Verizon store and the tech guy said that you need to going to "Settings" then search for, at the top, "Reset" and then tap "Reset Network Settings." This will fix that WiFi error. I hope this helps anyone else with this error. Justin.

0 Likes