VPN installed from Family Base
JUACHI98
Enthusiast - Level 1

I-phone and Family Base installed. the Certificate is installed also, Kids figured out that that they can turn off the Certificate and bypass controls,

why can't the certificate be locked down so it cannot be disabled in settings - general- VPN -

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: VPN installed from Family Base
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JUACHI98,

Sorry to hear that there's a problem with your Family Base experience. Just so that we understand the problem clearly, your children added a VPN to their iPhones which has allowed them to defeat your Family Base controls?

EricW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ACCESS4967

On the iPhone my child can just go into settings and change it.  It it's not password protected.  Also I don't receive a text that it has been removed.   Not certain if my child is removing it or it is just turning off on its own.  When i go to change a restriction it states phone had2n't responded in 24 hours controls may have been turned off.

I have an android child has iphone7. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Access4967, I can certainly understand your concerns regarding this. Unfortunately, it is hard to find work arounds once routes have been discovered to override FamilyBase. Have you, perhaps, attempted to place Parental Control Restrictions on your child's device? You can find the steps to do so here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201304

HarleyE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes