I want to see my son's contacts
NANCAR13

Hello...

I want to see my son's contact names...not just the numbers.  How can I do this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I want to see my son's contacts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having access to your family’s contacts is important. To view this information, sign into your My Verizon account select your son’s phone number and contacts. See: http://spr.ly/65808K5l6

TrinetteW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
somenumbskull
Enthusiast - Level 2

Am I missing something here?? We can all see the long list of phone numbers on the our kid's Activity log and Contacts list through FamilyBase.  What appears to be asked over and OVER in these forums is how to see the list of NAMES associated with those numbers as they match what's in the kid's address book on the phone.

This thread from 2015 (https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/1258539#1258539) is marked “answered” but I see nothing there that clearly shows HOW to do this for iPhone users. Maybe you can spell it out because this still appears to be an issue with unclear steps to make this do what we want. 

PS: there is no compatible companion app for iPhone users... so how else would the NAME of these contacts stored on an iPhone make it through Verizon's system to display on the FamilyBase dashboard that allows a parent to see who's who in the child's contact list??

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure you have full usage of your Family Base feature. We understand your concern. The Companion App is what gives you more access to different usage on your Family Base. We apologize for the inconvenience. Are you having any other issues with your Family Base feature? Are you still able to see the mobile numbers in question?

JavierMD_VZW  Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
somenumbskull
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ya know, your support responses are pretty lame. Have you ever seen this feature to even know what we're asking??  Yes, we are able to see the mobile numbers but NO, that's not the problem we're talking about!!

I'm willing to bet that what we want isn't possible until Verizon figures out how to get a version of the FamilyBase Companion app to work on an iPhone.  Until then, I don't see how the FamilyBase parent console can associate Contact names from the phone with the mobile numbers we already see in FamilyBase.

If that's not true, then I'd love to hear from someone who actually knows something about this.

0 Likes
somenumbskull
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here's a better answer I had to dig up from 2014!

This thread says:

"The FamilyBase service is available for iPhones.  However, the companion app for the child device is not offered in iTunes as an app.  It is a mobile optimized website.  Upon subscribing to Verizon FamilyBase, the parent line will receive a text link that directs you to the Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) website for iOS."

Now I have to assume that "subscribing to Verizon FamilyBase" means doing it on a parent's device as opposed to subscribing to this service from your account page on a desktop computer.  Without further detail, I guess I'll be doing more trial and error.

0 Likes