Family Base.
JVON314

I just got it for my twins and I know they have had activity yet I don't see any text or phone calls on the app or online when I log in.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Family Base.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which phone models do they have? Could they be using an application that has those functions over a wifi connection?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
JVON314

They have IPhones. I would like to know when they text all the time or use the phone.

I pay for a service that doesn’t work. I watched my daughter text someone during the hours she shouldn’t and I still don’t have any s tivitun

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

They are likely using iMessages which transmits over the wifi data connection instead of the cellular network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
JVON314

So I will never receive texts? Or calls?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to stay on top of your children's phone activity is important to keeping them safe. Family Base does indeed track activity over our mobile network (voice, text) and can be used to limit data usage. This is still a great feature to have, as it can allow you to have control over how they use our service.

However, as Ann154 pointed out, iMessages (sent between iPhones or two Apple products) can transmit over WIFI or mobile data, which would not be captured as a text message, but as a data or wifi session.

LynnD_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is a great question, as a mother I can understand your concerns JVON314. As previously discussed, Family Base is a feature that Verizon Wireless provides to track activity over our Mobile Network. Since iMessage can transmit over your WiFi network, Family Base would not be able to track them, I am sorry about that. There are other third party apps that can be used as well to make calls that use WiFi  and that could explain why you are not seeing calls. I hope this helps. 

RosanneM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes